robbie1042

New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

1 hour ago, Invnarcel said:

Hello hello!

I'm a new member who is still getting used to this site.  I'm very excited to find a place for stories written by other gay people.  I know fiction is supposed to be an escape from reality, but I think there's so much more to gain from reading stuff by authors who've experienced the same kind of real-world struggles and lessons. Most gay romances on other writing sites are written by teenage girls and lack the real-world nitty-gritty.

I have three novellas that I'm excited to share but it seems I need to do the required amount of posting first.

Welcome!  This is a great place to be.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Invnarcel said:

Hello hello!

I'm a new member who is still getting used to this site.  I'm very excited to find a place for stories written by other gay people.  I know fiction is supposed to be an escape from reality, but I think there's so much more to gain from reading stuff by authors who've experienced the same kind of real-world struggles and lessons. Most gay romances on other writing sites are written by teenage girls and lack the real-world nitty-gritty.

I have three novellas that I'm excited to share but it seems I need to do the required amount of posting first.

I’m glad you chose to join. Glad to make your acquaintance. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Invnarcel said:

Welcome to GA :2thumbs:

You already got author status so you can post your books whenever you want, the chapters get moderated for a certain time, but that is a quick process.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:39 PM, Invnarcel said:

Hello hello!

Welcome to GA! :D 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Greg said:

Hi everyone! It's a bit of a misnomer, my posting here, as I'm not exactly a "new member." I first joined GA 8 years ago. But so much has changed since then, and I've been gone so long, that I need to re-introduce myself. To whoever may see this, I want to share that over the past year, I've discovered a part of my identity that I never knew how to name. I'm nonbinary, I'm trans, and my name is Serenity. It's a magical feeling to write that. This is a place that gave me so much life as a teen while I yearned to learn more about people like me, so thank you, all of you, for everything. ❤️

Welcome back!  :hug: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

Hello, hello!

Hi! I'm Aaron! I apologize for being fashionably late to this, but better late than never, I suppose! I joined back in June, mostly as a reader, but I was working on the first couple chapters of a book, purely as a hobby. After mentioning the project to my co-workers, they told me to pursue the interest. So here I am:  an over-worked grocery store stock crew member, who hasn't had two days off in the same week for over six months, who, somehow has time to crank out a new chapter about every week and a half. I always had an issue of finishing a hobby, since I get bored very quickly. But writing has been a clinger. I'm having fun, which is something that I rarely have, even though I'm a little ball of energy who can't stop smiling. And I don't see myself stopping this hobby any time soon.

I think I found a nice little home here with GA. Hope you don't mind me moving in!

~Aaron Stone 🤓

Welcome, Aaron! There's always plenty of room at GA. Good luck with your writing... cheers... Gary.... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I think I found a nice little home here with GA. Hope you don't mind me moving in!

~Aaron Stone 🤓

Welcome!  There's plenty of room :)  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I’m glad you’re here. Welcome home. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've already started posting on here but I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been writing awhile under various pen names, usually within the realm of fanfiction. I thought I'd finally step out of that comfort zone and try my hand at some original fiction writing, especially after being so inspired by the care and effort put into some of the stories on here. Hope people here enjoy my efforts as much as I've enjoyed theirs so far. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Demented said:

I've already started posting on here but I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been writing awhile under various pen names, usually within the realm of fanfiction. I thought I'd finally step out of that comfort zone and try my hand at some original fiction writing, especially after being so inspired by the care and effort put into some of the stories on here. Hope people here enjoy my efforts as much as I've enjoyed theirs so far. 

Welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demented said:

Hey, Demented! Welcome, and happy writing... and reading... Gary

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Ive been reading this site for a couple of years now and has been a godsend during various periods of sick leave. I have had various articles published in the past during my time as a university prof teaching ethics but for the past 17 years have been living as a British "ex-pat" in Valencia with my Spanish partner.  The one-night stand that has lasted since 1999.  

As a small "ice-breaker"  challenge, two statements are true, one is false. Behind each is a story waiting to be told:

1. I worked on the Hollywood blockbuster, Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

2.  I knew Lewis Hamilton before he became Formula 1 champion

3. I have washed the hands of a saint.

regards from a rather damp Spain. X

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gary L said:

Hi all, 

Ive been reading this site for a couple of years now and has been a godsend during various periods of sick leave. I have had various articles published in the past during my time as a university prof teaching ethics but for the past 17 years have been living as a British "ex-pat" in Valencia with my Spanish partner.  The one-night stand that has lasted since 1999.  

As a small "ice-breaker"  challenge, two statements are true, one is false. Behind each is a story waiting to be told:

Hmm... they all sound like they have interesting stories behind them.  I'm going to guess the false statement is #2.  Welcome, even though you've been here a while already :)

• Like 2

I guess I'm still a newbie, been a member since September. Just discovered this topic when looking at the profile of a new reader of my story.

I started writing a few years ago when confined after some surgery. I thought I would just write a short story to fill in some time. Then 80,000 words late I realised  I had written a book. I published it as an ebook on another site. Then I found  a second book inside me, and after that nothing for about a year. When I was grounded by Covid lockdown, I had a silly idea about the name Covid and wrote a short chapter about a teenager who had a problem with his name. I sent this to my friends and got a good reaction, so I wrote another chapter and so on. When I discovered GA I published a few chapters to test the waters. I was thrilled when I discovered that people liked my story so I continued to write  in real time. Thank you to all the members who have supported my writing and  thanks to those that run this site and give amateur writers an outlet.. 

Of course the story takes place in my home state of NSW Australia, where daily Covid cases are now down to zero, restrictions minimal and we are returning to normal. As a result The Covids will soon end and I will move onto a new project. 

Regards, Bill

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

I guess I'm still a newbie, been a member since September. Just discovered this topic when looking at the profile of a new reader of my story.

I started writing a few years ago when confined after some surgery. I thought I would just write a short story to fill in some time. Then 80,000 words late I realised  I had written a book. I published it as an ebook on another site. Then I found  a second book inside me, and after that nothing for about a year. When I was grounded by Covid lockdown, I had a silly idea about the name Covid and wrote a short chapter about a teenager who had a problem with his name. I sent this to my friends and got a good reaction, so I wrote another chapter and so on. When I discovered GA I published a few chapters to test the waters. I was thrilled when I discovered that people liked my story so I continued to write  in real time. Thank you to all the members who have supported my writing and  thanks to those that run this site and give amateur writers an outlet.. 

Of course the story takes place in my home state of NSW Australia, where daily Covid cases are now down to zero, restrictions minimal and we are returning to normal. As a result The Covids will soon end and I will move onto a new project. 

Regards, Bill

Welcome, Bill. Happy to hear you are enjoying success on GA. It's a wonderful place for writers and readers both. Cheers... Gary....

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

Regards, Bill

Welcome!  This is a great place to be :)

• Like 4

On 10/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, astone2292 said:

You're more than welcome, @astone2292! :yes:

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Demented said:

Welcome @Demented! :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:15 PM, Gary L said:

Hi all, 

Welcome, @Gary L!

I'm gonna take a stab, and suggest statement 3 is false...

(And I love the mention of the 21 year long one-night stand!) :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wombat Bill said:

Regards, Bill

Welcome @Wombat Bill!

I really must get round to reading The Covids eventually. :yes:

Two reasons why I haven't, yet:

1. I seldom read stories before they are marked as complete. If only because sometimes authors take a long time, and then I find myself having to go back and read earlier chapters to remember the plot. (And I'm probably one of the most guilty on here for leaving readers waiting for ages for updates.)
  2. Just at the moment I am actually finding it difficult to actually motivate myself to read. Probably a Covid related reaction...

I promise to get to it once this funk starts to lift. :thumbup:

Edited by Marty
Flipping typos!
  • Like 3

I just joined last week and I am enjoying myself on here. This site has the nicest people on here! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sherye said:

I just joined last week and I am enjoying myself on here. This site has the nicest people on here! 

Oh by the way, I am Sherye!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sherye said:

Welcome!  This place does have some pretty awesome people :)  

• Like 3