New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

6 hours ago, empath said:

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time member.  Just wanted to say hi!  :)

A year ago, at 41, I finally found the courage to come out (in this context, courage is actually defined as desperation).  So, I’m out, albeit somewhat quietly.  It has been a big year for me; I’ve begun to resolve several identity conflicts and integrate the hidden and repressed pieces I have found along the way.

This site, and others, have played a massive role in my exploration and understanding of who I am and want to be (special shout out to @Bensiamin - David and Jackson likely saved my life, although I met them elsewhere on the internet).

My wife and I are trying to make our mixed orientation marriage work (20 years last May).  It was always mixed, but now it is also honest.  We have a son who just started high school.

I’ll wrap this up before I have to tag it as a novel, but I look forward to sharing more through some writing soon.  

It feels good to say hi, even if I’m still hiding behind a screen name!  Much love!

I’m glad you’ve decided to join! Welcome, and I hope you find greater and deeper connections with the passing days. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, empath said:

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time member.  Just wanted to say hi!  :)

A year ago, at 41, I finally found the courage to come out (in this context, courage is actually defined as desperation).  So, I’m out, albeit somewhat quietly.  It has been a big year for me; I’ve begun to resolve several identity conflicts and integrate the hidden and repressed pieces I have found along the way.

This site, and others, have played a massive role in my exploration and understanding of who I am and want to be (special shout out to @Bensiamin - David and Jackson likely saved my life, although I met them elsewhere on the internet).

My wife and I are trying to make our mixed orientation marriage work (20 years last May).  It was always mixed, but now it is also honest.  We have a son who just started high school.

I’ll wrap this up before I have to tag it as a novel, but I look forward to sharing more through some writing soon.  

It feels good to say hi, even if I’m still hiding behind a screen name!  Much love!

Thanks for sharing, empath, and happy to hear you're integrating. That's a huge thing... I know from experience. Welcome to GA officially. Cheers! Gary.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just now, Headstall said:

Thanks for sharing, empath, and happy to hear you're integrating. That's a huge thing... I know from experience. Welcome to GA officially. Cheers! Gary.

Thank you!  I really enjoyed your Sidewinder stories even though I never thought western was my genre!  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, empath said:

Thanks Bill!  It is kind of surreal talking to you.  I spent so many evenings in the Castaway Hotel (both generations) several years ago.  As you say, I’ve been here, but not fully as myself.  Thank you for reaching out, both now and through your shared words in the past!  

Thank you, and I'm glad you've enjoyed The Castaway Hotel series.  Unlike most hotels, I've refused to raise the rates there and everyone is welcome.  I think you've figured that last part out after reading the series.  :gikkle:  Welcome officially.  :hug:

• Love 5

1 hour ago, empath said:

Thank you!  I really enjoyed your Sidewinder stories even though I never thought western was my genre!  

I appreciate hearing that! I believe I've changed a few minds about the western genre. :) Cheers!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

I guess all of t he official greeters beat me to the punch, but I'd still like to welcome all of the new members.  This is a great place, with plenty to read for nearly all tastes, so enjoy.  And don't forget to leave comments or click on one of the emojis is you like something.  That's all the payment the authors receive for their effort.  

• Like 2