What Makes Monsters Scary

The agoraphobia was kinda wrong. Or at least gives off a wrong impression. Agoraphobia is the fear of being stuck in a helpless or embarrassing situation. Most like inclined with a social situation. It sounds that it can easily be confused with claustrophobia. 

Nice read. I love the part that they are 'out of control.' According to statistics, human are often inclined to be in control to some extent. That's why we often panic and get upset over things that's beyond our control. It leaves us very cautious to this because we often think that it can harm us in someway whether physical, mental or emotional, or even spiritual.

• Like 3

I know people will find this funny, but I have a fear that I had to google. It is called megalophobia, a morbid fear of large objects. My younger sister has it as well. This fear takes my breath away, and renders me immobile. (I know, laugh away.) Now granted, there is no monster, but as a child I would have a fit while passing any mill. For a child with an overactive imagination, the mills belching smoke were like fire breathing dragons. lol

I nearly ran off the road one day when I saw a large pipeline that weaves through a neighborhood. lol My sister believes that we need to face this ridiculous fear, so she is willing to visit me to take a tour of the rusted remains of a  blast furnace. So although there is no reach out and touch me creatures, megalophobia is my monster.It's weird, because I spend hours online searching for abandoned places like mills, and factories. I even use them quite a bit in my writing. In reality they scare the crap out of me. 

On October 28, 2017 at 3:40 AM, R J Drew said:

I know people will find this funny, but I have a fear that I had to google. It is called megalophobia, a morbid fear of large objects. My younger sister has it as well. This fear takes my breath away, and renders me immobile. (I know, laugh away.) Now granted, there is no monster, but as a child I would have a fit while passing any mill. For a child with an overactive imagination, the mills belching smoke were like fire breathing dragons. lol

I nearly ran off the road one day when I saw a large pipeline that weaves through a neighborhood. lol My sister believes that we need to face this ridiculous fear, so she is willing to visit me to take a tour of the rusted remains of a  blast furnace. So although there is no reach out and touch me creatures, megalophobia is my monster.It's weird, because I spend hours online searching for abandoned places like mills, and factories. I even use them quite a bit in my writing. In reality they scare the crap out of me. 

I am terrified of big things flying in the sky.

Since childhood, when a helicopter buzzed us and a loudspeaker from the policeman in the helicopter was asking us if we had seen a lost boy . . . etc, I have associated helicopters with 'being lost and being in danger'. They are also loud and can stand still in the air impossibly. The ones from my youth also tended to look like giant skeletal dragonflies. Terrifying monsters.

I also had/have a great fear of airliners flying over my head. I always duck when one flies over. I hate that!

• Like 2