Readers, What Do You Skip?

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Opposite actually. I hate Tolkien with a passion man. Love the genre he is credited for starting, but his writing is extremely dry in my opinion. I've literally used the LotR trilogy as a cure for insomnia on my really bad nights.

There has to be a balance in the details, and descriptions. Make it to where I can pretty the place, that you the author is telling me about, but I don't need a play-by-play on how many ants infest an ant hill, three miles north, of the rock we just sat on, to eat lunch.

I made it through two chapters of The Hobbit and got the Cliff's Notes and wrote a report using that gods that man could go on and on and on and on about absolutely nothing 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, BHopper2 said:

True story. Tolkien's friends used to hate hearing him talk about his book. Because in real life, he was as bad as Gandalf.

lol 

• Like 3