White Elephant Prompt Present Game

• Site Administrator
7 hours ago, Ivric said:

I’m finished with mine and it is sent. He title is Best Christmas Ever. Hopefully it reached the newsletter in time. I’m excited and happy about this. 😁

I do the newsletter, and it's not going "live" until Sunday. So yes, you made it! :D I'll make sure it's published before then. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Cia said:

If necessary, I can extend the deadline a bit to allow people to finish/edit their work. I figured this time of year would be busy for everyone, so I padded the deadline to newsletter release cushion a little more than I usually do. 

I'll do my best to find an editor for it. Post now.

• Like 1
On 12/17/2017 at 10:55 PM, Cia said:

Yep, just a few more days to write! And the image will be used in the newsletter and the post here on GA, not in the story itself necessarily. You can also use it in your signature or a discussion topic if you have one for the story. Just an fyi! 

Ugh, I don't have an image. Can someone find me a male zebra ?  :rofl: 

My story has published - did yours do so as well ? It feels rather unfair it doesn't show on the new story list. :( 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I just checked mine. It's still invisible to the public. *shrugs* Don't know what's going on then.

damn, now I don't know whether to unpublish the story again or advertise it to readers of The Secret Santa Game. :unsure: 

Oh wait - I went in to check, and it's not actually published. It's just gone from green to white, but it's still not published. I can see the small red icon showing it's waiting to go live.

Panic over :blushing: 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

damn, now I don't know whether to unpublish the story again or advertise it to readers of The Secret Santa Game. :unsure: 

I just checked your stories, the newest one was a couple of months ago.

10 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

@Timothy M. Here are some zebras. 

Not sure how to include them in a story either, other than in the newsletter and as a coverphoto perhaps. 

Thanks, I can see they are free, so I guess it's ok to use them. Now I need to check Cia's instructions again.

Hmm, it doesn't say. Cia, do you want us to PM the image to you or upload it in our gallery ? I've chosen three from the site Puppilull gave me, and you can use the one you like best. Do you need a link to each pic ?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Pics were optional, right? I didn't search for one. 

14 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I thought they were too.

yeah, they were, but Cia was so disappointed none of us got a photo prompt... 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Thanks, I can see they are free, so I guess it's ok to use them. Now I need to check Cia's instructions again.

Hmm, it doesn't say. Cia, do you want us to PM the image to you or upload it in our gallery ? I've chosen three from the site Puppilull gave me, and you can use the one you like best. Do you need a link to each pic ?

There's an option if you edit the story (not the chapter) to add an image to it. Or PM it to Cia and ask her nicely to add it for you :) 

Nearly finished mine. I always end up right up at the deadline :/ 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

There's an option if you edit the story (not the chapter) to add an image to it. Or PM it to Cia and ask her nicely to add it for you :) 

Do I need to upload the pic to my gallery first ? Perhaps I should upload all three and then ask you to tell me which one you like best. :lol: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

Do I need to upload the pic to my gallery first ? Perhaps I should upload all three and then ask you to tell me which one you like best. :lol: 

No, it's in step 2 of the create/edit new story at the bottom. You just upload it there. I don't know what it looks like once it's published though. It will be a surprise :) 

• Like 2
On 17/12/2017 at 9:55 PM, Cia said:

Yep, just a few more days to write! And the image will be used in the newsletter and the post here on GA, not in the story itself necessarily. You can also use it in your signature or a discussion topic if you have one for the story. Just an fyi! 

@Timothy M. Your answer, I think.  :)

• Like 2