White Elephant Prompt Present Game

1 minute ago, Cia said:

Sorry about that @Sam Wyer Yes, you can post the story because then you add your own description and all that, but make sure you uncheck the publish box and leave it blank for the story and chapter. Then you send me a copy of the link. I will feature all the stories I get by the deadline in the newsletter. :D And, always, feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have. I get those alerts via email, so I see them sooner than a mention notification which I don't get until I'm on GA

Thank you :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

@Timothy M. Totally up to you. I don't like to restrict author's decisions when it comes to their stories. :) Just make sure it's indicated what game/prompt you're posting this for in the description or chapter notes (since some people do more than 1k and post it alone or some post it as part of a collection). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My 3500 words (so far) have caused more grief than anything else I've written.  <_< Sending it off to my beta-reader to get an opinion. Don't know if it was what I chose, lack of technique, or what ... Grrrr 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, northie said:

My 3500 words (so far) have caused more grief than anything else I've written.  <_< Sending it off to my beta-reader to get an opinion. Don't know if it was what I chose, lack of technique, or what ... Grrrr 

I think I know that feeling, what was I thinking!?  Bloody elves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm almost done. I managed to stay below 2,000 words which is a feat in itself. Bedtime now, but with a bit of polishing tomorrow the story should be ready to send to my editor.

OK, so it crept up to 2,500 words. But at least it's with my editor now. Kitt has promised to get it back to me in time for the 20th. 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 5

Mine's still unfinished.  *sigh*  I know how it ends, it's just the getting there ... Today's no. 1 task, and as it's a miserable, wet day, there's not much else to distract me. In theory ... :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Yep, just a few more days to write! And the image will be used in the newsletter and the post here on GA, not in the story itself necessarily. You can also use it in your signature or a discussion topic if you have one for the story. Just an fyi! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

I am about halfway through mine. Typically, work has gotten in the way of important stuff, like writing.  Hope I make it in time....

I'm in the same boat with you, Parker. We can encourage one another to complete it in time. Maybe... ;)

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I'm in the same boat with you, Parker. We can encourage one another to complete it in time. Maybe... ;)

Thanks, Mac. I need sleep, so you have time tonight. But then, I think I rise earlier than you... 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

If necessary, I can extend the deadline a bit to allow people to finish/edit their work. I figured this time of year would be busy for everyone, so I padded the deadline to newsletter release cushion a little more than I usually do. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2