Hmm. I forsee this show driving some motivation

• 9 months later...

The TV DC universe is so much better than their movie universe.

@Myrdid you watch the original Teen Titans in 2000's? Part Cartoon, Part Anime, considered one of DC's best ensemble shows next to Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Edited by W_L
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
On 9/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, W_L said:

@Myrdid you watch the original Teen Titans in 2000's? Part Cartoon, Part Anime, considered one of DC's best ensemble shows next to Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

No, I haven't seen them yet.  They are on my list.  my very very long list.

On the plus side, they should be available on this DC only streaming service that this show is part of.  (Is there really that much of an interest to make a viable business out of a DC-only streaming service?  I mean except for the first two Christopher Nolan movies and Wonderwoman, the DC movie universe has been pretty meh.  The DC comics TV universe with Arrow, Flash, etc has been doing well.  Though Arrow would be a far better show if they didn't have so many stupid flashbacks.  They have flashbacks inside of flashbacks...

Just now, Myr said:

No, I haven't seen them yet.  They are on my list.  my very very long list.

On the plus side, they should be available on this DC only streaming service that this show is part of.  (Is there really that much of an interest to make a viable business out of a DC-only streaming service?  I mean except for the first two Christopher Nolan movies and Wonderwoman, the DC movie universe has been pretty meh.  The DC comics TV universe with Arrow, Flash, etc has been doing well.  Though Arrow would be a far better show if they didn't have so many stupid flashbacks.  They have flashbacks inside of flashbacks...

Arrow's problem is that they ran out of ideas and had to borrow Batman villains. Seriously, just do a Batman TV show already, not Gotham,  stop bat-baiting fans. :D

I like Flash and can enjoy Supergirl's antics, but Legends of Tomorrow are my favorite of the shows in this Arrowverse. I like the idea of heroes and villains teaming up, plus they're riding on a DC-universe "Tardis" :) Even, Dr. Who wishes he had this team.

As for Movies, Tim Burton did a good Batman movie, Chrisopher Reeves Superman is still nostalgic. Nolan is of course the God of movies, but I agree DC universe has some bad ones out there like "Green Lantern" (when deadpool makes meta fictional suicide on himself for that movie, yeah you kind of hit rock bottom).

The Cartoons though are where they really shine: Bruce Timm and Paul Dini created a long running universe that lasted for 2 decades and most of my childhood/teen years. Batman the Animated series is the gold standard in Cartoons from neo-noir style, complex plots, human characters with extreme issues, and tragic story lines like Dr. Freeze.  They made Superman Animated series, which was more "do-gooder" stories, but they had some really dark turns like Superman being brainwash by Darkseid and attempting to conquer the world or a parallel history where Lois Lane dies, causing Superman to become a dictator along side Lex Luthor. All of those story threads eventually built up to Justice League, and the underrated Batman Beyond series (Modern art, techno-electronic, and still the same dark undertones of older batman series, perfect for teenager going thru an emo phase :p  )

There's also additional series that DC did to branch off and expand their base:

"Static Shock"- DC universe created a really interesting African American superhero character, plus his friend/sidekick super hero was the 1st openly gay character I learned about (in-comics, he never came out in the show, damn WB's kid friendly programming)

"Zeta project"- a spin off of Batman Beyond, which was cancelled too early for my taste. I like a story about a rogue android trying to find his creators and seeking to understand his purpose in life, beyond being a weapon and assassin's tool.

I am a product of the 1990's and 2000's, so I love what DC has the potential of being.