I growled this afternoon as i went looking for Mojo!!!   Then i realized that it may be my Wednesday, but it is not the rest of the world's.  :)  I will return tomorrow! 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, It should be up by then. It's the first of the Vegas Chapters :yes: But I don't think you can imagine where it's headed...

Edited by AC Benus
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I growled this afternoon as i went looking for Mojo!!!   Then i realized that it maybe my Wednesday, but it is not the rest of the world's.  :)  I will return tomorrow! 

At least your fellow bus riders didn’t stare at you for giggling or laughing – yet!  ;–)

Just now, AC Benus said:

Yes, It should be up by then. It's the first of the Vegas Chapters :yes: But I don't think you can imagine where it's headed...

i'm sure i cant imagine that

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, AC Benus said:

Yes, It should be up by then. It's the fist of the Vegas Chapters :yes: But I don't think you can imagine where it's headed...

The Fist of the Vegas? Is that a person or a position (or something to do with an old Chevy)? How kinky is this story getting?  ;–)

1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

The Fist of the Vegas? Is that a person or a position (or something to do with an old Chevy)? How kinky is this story getting?  ;–)

who said fist!!! ???

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

who said fist!!! ???

OMGosh!  AC did but he must have edited it after droughtquake quoted it! LOL!

1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Yes, It should be up by then. It's the fist of the Vegas Chapters  But I don't think you can imagine where it's headed...

The Fist of the Vegas? Is that a person or a position (or something to do with an old Chevy)? How kinky is this story getting?  ;–)

heh heh!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

...And speaking of C.A. (you'll see in a minute), I just saw this episode of RuPaul's Drag Race this evening. It seems the irony of a 70s pop star borrowing some non-Armenian props came in for gentle ribbing. Sorry about this guy blabbing, but starting at min 5:04, you can see Cher singing about Cultural Appropriation. Yay

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Michelle Miao had an episode on her show on KOFY TV/20 featuring Native American Two-Spirits. They discussed cultural (mis)appropriation. It was stated that even if you can find Native American ancestors in your family tree, it’s not okay to wear a headdress if you do not live the life the rest of the time.

But what offends me more are the movies where the white guy shows up and out-Asians the Asians after what seems like a few hours or days of training! Naturally, these are produced by Hollywood by white men. It’s a wildly inaccurate fantasy!

Edited by Former Member
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

But what offends me more is the movies where the white guy shows up and out-Asians the Asians after what seems like a few hours or days of training! Naturally, these are produced by Hollywood by white men. It’s a wildly inaccurate fantasy!

Yes, I remember Sean Connery's Japanese was laughable in that old movie, Rising Sun. But the actors had to pretend he'd mastered the language in a matter of hours; laughable. 

And your comments bring to mind at least one of the Kill Bill films ;)

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

And your comments bring to mind at least one of the Kill Bill films ;)

And that short guy who’s more famous for jumping on Oprah’s couch than any of his recent roles…

Edited by Former Member
3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And that short guy who’s more famous for jumping on Oprah’s couch than any of his recent roles…

Yes, no more 'risky business' for him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, droughtquake said:

But what offends me more are the movies where the white guy shows up and out-Asians the Asians after what seems like a few hours or days of training! Naturally, these are produced by Hollywood by white men. It’s a wildly inaccurate fantasy!

7 hours ago, AC Benus said:

Yes, I remember Sean Connery's Japanese was laughable in that old movie, Rising Sun. But the actors had to pretend he'd mastered the language in a matter of hours; laughable. 

:rofl:

it's Mother's Day, and i've been told to take some time for myself, so i put on one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE movies

Sean Connery's James Bond, You Only Live Twice, in which he becomes Japanese

and then i read this

oh the irony, and the giggles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From Mojo 19 (GA 20), Kohl says

… every man’s religion is his own, but ultimately, each is just as ludicrous as the next.

or, in less belligerent terms, all religions deserve equal respect. But later in this chapter, he says

… this Abraca-dabra shit was just that – shit! Their so-called god is an excuse for a power grab, and paled in the face of Priapus.

And why not? Looking past the still-limp dick, I see a useless blindfold, pencil-thin mustaches, creaky marionettes, chickens, wand envy, and on and on. And while the Priapus group seems to have plenty of youthful followers, the aging Abraca group grows mainly by birth and marriage, a fate shared by many religious groups. 

But this comparison is mostly a matter of presentation. I accused AC of bias, and if I recall correctly, he replied that I should blame Petronius, not him. Indeed, Satyricon has been dubbed "the Priapic adventures of Encolpius …," and perhaps the story comments negatively on Gnostics. I haven't read enough to see. Abraxas is a bit odd to Western tastes. Maybe if Satyricon had been penned in India, Kohl would be today be afraid of chickens, snakes-for-legs, and wands, while ridiculing donkey-dickers.

Also from this chapter,

“So in terms of the pope, Jung, and Crowley, you see, religion, psychology and magic have never really been divided.”

I thought, ‘What a damning pronouncement against all three!'

I would add a fourth, philosophy. When does a belief merit inclusion is this anaerobic swamp?

Edited by knotme
Spelling
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, knotme said:

But this comparison is mostly a matter of presentation. I accused AC of bias, and if I recall correctly, he replied that I should blame Petronius, not him. Indeed, Satyricon has been dubbed "the Priapic adventures of Encolpius …," and perhaps the story comments negatively on Gnostics. I haven't read enough to see. Abraxas is a bit odd to Western tastes. Maybe if Satyricon had been penned in India, Kohl would be today be afraid of chickens, snakes-for-legs, and wands, while ridiculing donkey-dickers.

I think you hit on something here. But I'd refer you to what Guy said (or, Guy Germaine the Germaine, as you are so fond of thinking of him ;)) : in chapter 19 he dismisses the entire Priapus phenomenon as being based on that "redneck" god.

If ever there were an illustrating contrast between the branches of Nature Worship and Gnosticism, I haven't read it. If you think about it, Priapus represents the world outside of our physical bodies. The goosebumps we feel while walking in a shady wooded glen speaks to this perception of spirituality. Oppose that against the school of Abracax (pronounced Ab-ra-kock in Greek, btw) and you see the Gnostics are sit at home kind of guys. All their philosophizing is an exploration of inward spaces, meaning the mind and the powers to tap into what influences it from beyond the body.

These two faiths are like oil and water, and hopefully chapter 19 goes a little way to 'showing' and not 'telling' the differences. So, blame me if you must :)   

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, knotme said:

I haven't read enough to see. Abraxas is a bit odd to Western tastes. Maybe if Satyricon had been penned in India, Kohl would be today be afraid of chickens, snakes-for-legs, and wands, while ridiculing donkey-dickers.

Carl Jung was genuinely drawn to the surviving material of the Abracax school of thought. His 1916 book Seven Sermons to the Dead is almost a love letter to this branch of Gnostic metaphysics.   

However, as far as "ancient" religions go, Abrican thought is new; even newer than Christianity. And it's origins are North African. It arose in that place and time as a direct answer to the Christian and John the Baptist school of Gnosticism. This was an era when Western thought itself was imperiled by a bunch of no-nothings of the slave class touting "Love your neighbor" stuff and "He who was first shall be last". Polytheism itself was under attack, and a band of rich and privileged thinkers took over the minor tribal worship of a mystical, magical rooster, to thereby transform "Him" into the ultimate example of polytheistic expression.

I think at one point I even referred to Abracax to you as the everything-and-the-kitchen-sink god. He absorbed all of the elite's desires to show up the Jesus Cult as intellectually insubstantial and save their civilization. (It didn't work, lol.) In this process of ballooning up, the North African cock god gained lots of Eastern attributes, particularly those centered around Astrology, but these came from Persia. It's true that Zoroastrianism and Jainism spread south and east to India, but the cultural roots of all of them are in Iran. 

So, would the Cock God ever get the respect he deserves (...think of him as the Rodney Dangerfield of gods...) if he were featured in his own book? Idk, but I imagine such a book could only come from the hand of a magician or ventriloquist. But, remember -- you didn't hear that from me ;)

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

...Lyssa also tells me the Knights Templar were big fans of the cock...um, The Cock God, that is... :rofl::gikkle::rofl:

Im a big fan too..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Im a big fan too.. [of the Cock God]

Yeah! I don’t see why a Cock God is any sillier than a flying dick. I still say the magicians and ventriloquists are getting a bum wrap. :)

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, AC Benus said:

However, as far as "ancient" religions go, Abrican thought is new; even newer than Christianity. And it's origins are North African. It arose in that place and time as a direct answer to the Christian and John the Baptist school of Gnosticism.

Oh, OK. I’m confusing Gnostics with Abracans. 

Edited by knotme
  • Like 1

The goosebumps we feel while walking in a shady wooded glen speaks to this perception of spirituality.

I think it speaks to needing a sweater. ;) Maybe I’m an unadmitted Gnostic.

• Haha 2

It's true that Zoroastrianism and Jainism spread south and east to India, but the cultural roots of all of them are in Iran. 

Oh. So during Cyrus’s reign, it’s possible that the anguiped moved from Persia to India, where forms of it now survive in Hinduism; meanwhile Iran has moved on. And Buddhism that started in India spread to East Asian countries, while it was supplanted by Hinduism in India. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, knotme said:

Oh. So during Cyrus’s reign, it’s possible that the anguiped moved from Persia to India, where forms of it now survive in Hinduism; meanwhile Iran has moved on. And Buddhism that started in India spread to East Asian countries, while it was supplanted by Hinduism in India. 

Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country too.

1 hour ago, knotme said:

Well, yes. We should remember that the concept of religious freedom is about 200 years old, only. So, religious refugees have fled in all directions (like the Romani people exiting India and settling primarily in Romania). 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

…like the Romani people exiting India and settling primarily in Romania…

The Romani were persecuted everywhere they went. Most of us among the English-speaking world are more familiar with the name applied to them, Gypsy, which is often considered to be derogatory. The Romani were among the groups targeted by the Nazis during the Holocaust.