7 hours ago, knotme said:

Yeah! I don’t see why a Cock God is any sillier than a flying dick. I still say the magicians and ventriloquists are getting a bum wrap. :)

no sillier than any god imo, no matter what shape they come in. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mojo   A Post-Modern Satire and Sex Comedy  by AC Benus       I am so happy to open this topic for discussion of this amazing work from AC Benus. I am also luck

Here are some visuals. This is the church where the Self-Help conference was held. The parish was founded in 1784.   

This church is a favorite for movie and TV location filming. It's very lovely and peaceful in here.   

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no sillier than any god imo, no matter what shape they come in. 

That’s why I’m an Agnostic. I laugh at all of them. And all their silly fairytales!  ;–)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

That’s why I’m an Agnostic. I laugh at all of them. And all their silly fairytales!  ;–)

yeah, all it is, is a cult, mind control believing in fairies, how you cannot see it is beyond me ... The Donkey Club is no different

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah, all it is, is a cult, mind control believing in fairies, how you cannot see it is beyond me ... The Donkey Club is no different

The only difference between a cult and a religion is the number of ‘believers’ – and which group you belong to!  ;–)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Shared assumptions about understanding and describing the world through data-driven inquiry are under assault,” a very Mojo message, succinctly delivered by Thomas Rosenbaum, president of Caltech, in an email today. Growing up in a bubble of reason, I assumed these assumptions be widely and firmly shared, so the recent assault confused me. I’ve since concluded that these assumptions were firmly accepted by a minority and flimsily accepted by a majority, while another minority fumed in silence. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There are conventions for Flat Earth believers. Many treat it as the joke that it is, but some seem to take it seriously! It’s scary how much rational, fact-driven teaching is being replaced by rote memorization in public schools.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Georgie Boy as modern-day self-help guru...? ;) 

jun2018_f_asksmithsonian-wr.jpg

...e pluribus manbunius...

Edited by AC Benus
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, AC Benus said:

...e pluribus manbunius...

I remember hearing stories(?) about vigilantes in the ‘60s or ‘70s accosting young men with long hair and cutting it off! At the time I thought it was barbaric. But I’m starting to understand where they’re coming from!

Off with their buns!

;–)

• Haha 3
35 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I remember hearing stories(?) about vigilantes in the ‘60s or ‘70s accosting young men with long hair and cutting it off! At the time I thought it was barbaric. But I’m starting to understand where they’re coming from!

Off with their buns!

;–)

The flower children's ponytails were under threat of sheering? I did not know that.. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, AC Benus said:

The flower children's ponytails were under threat of sheering? I did not know that.. 

I’m not sure how true they were. They might have threatened to do that in the South. Or they might have just been scary rumors meant to frighten like ghost stories!  ;–)

• Like 2

FYI, I posted this note with today's chapter:

Thanks for reading up to this point. As Mojo is three-quarters European, it will now be taking its mandatory 6-week holiday to the Côte du Soleil :)

As I won't be able to accompany it, I'll use the upcoming break to post a little summertime novella I've worked up. Please read my new piece, and do not worry -- the gang from your favorite "satire and sex comedy" will be back soon enough. The donkey-dick folks will see to that... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Thanks for reading up to this point. As Mojo is three-quarters European, it will now be taking its mandatory 6-week holiday to the Côte du Soleil :)

As I won't be able to accompany it, I'll use the upcoming break to post a little summertime novella I've worked up. Please read my new piece, and do not worry -- the gang from your favorite "satire and sex comedy" will be back soon enough. The donkey-dick folks will see to that... 

You'll instead be vacationing at Hibernia Beach on the Côte du Brouillard?  ;–)

• Like 2
Just now, droughtquake said:

*runs to Google Maps*

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

*runs to Google Maps*

Surely you’ve read Armistead Maurine’s Tales of the City books…  ;–)

Hibernia Beach, the little patch of sunny space in front of the old Hibernia Bank? Côte du Brouillard, machine translation of Fog(gy) Coast.  ;–)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Yes, and the Côte de Buuurrrrrrrrrr at Ocean beach ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

Surely you’ve read Armistead Maurine’s Tales of the City books…  ;–)

Hibernia Beach, the little patch of sunny space in front of the old Hibernia Bank? Côte du Brouillard, machine translation of Fog(gy) Coast.  ;–)

I'm not a fan of serials. I tried to read the bound volume, but did manage to watch most of the TV version that came out in the 90s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, AC Benus said:

I'm not a fan of serials.

And yet you write them!  ;–)

I read bits and pieces of Tales in the Chronicle when we first moved back to the Bay Area in 1978. I was thrilled to find the books much later. And I bought copies of the Examiner every day when Significant Others (the 5th book) was serialized.

At that point in my life, I’d never read a story that included real-life locations and, sometimes, people that were mentioned on the news! I’d see various locations mentioned on the news and read the same locations in Tales! And stuff that was in the news would often show up in the story! I was learning about my new region with the combination of the two.

I’d spent most of my growing up years in San Diego and the Bay Area was rarely mentioned in the news. The few stories were about how weird people were there. California news was either about stuff out of Sacramento or the hated monstrosity that is Los Angeles. ‘San Francisco’ was basically anything north of Kern County!

1970s San Diego still thought of itself as a small Navy town with all the conservative instincts that implied – Mayor Pete Wilson was the fresh face of the ‘New’ Republican Party who helped clean up the corrupt Frank Curran administration. And we clean up the visible corruption by redeveloping the sleazy area where Sailors and Marines hang out downtown and replacing it with a fancy shopping mall that inherited the nasty area’s name: Horton Plaza. Shut down the dive bars, tattoo parlors, and other low-life hangouts. Arrest all the hookers. It’s schizophrenic how the Navy and Marine Corp are welcomed with open arms, but the favored activities and pursuits of the Sailors and Marines themselves is decried. 

• Like 2

Nah AC does not write serials. Mojo is a book. Written and finished before posting. It is not written as the author gets to it. Its written properly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And yet you write them!  ;–)

No, I don't write soap operas (that's what 'serial' means -- like Tales of the City, which was posted in couple-hundred word segments in the daily newspapers - just endless little plot arc-ettes that only fade into the next arc-ette) they bore the &%$# out of me.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Weren’t some Dickens stories actually serials too?  ;–)

..man, you really don't understand do you? There's nothing "As the Stomach Churns" about a consummate novel like Oliver Twist, even if it appeared in public one month at a time. Just because I post one week at a time does not mean I write soap opera shit...

• Wow 1

While the early Tales stories were light, fluffy serials, the later books are more serious, fully developed novels.

I don’t see serials as necessarily being soap opera-ish. I just see it as a format where the pieces are doled out individually rather than all at once. I’m not trying to insult you at all!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AC Benus said:

Oh intermission!  I'll have time to catch up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1