Anthologies for 2018... how are they coming along?

• Site Administrator

So we have a contest and 4 anthologies for this year.

Contests

Anthologies

• 2018 Spring Anthology: Now or Never - Due May 15th
  • 2018 Spring Anthology: Encounters - Due May 15th
  • 2018 Fall Anthology: Fight Back - Due Nov 15th
  • 2018 Fall Anthology: Good Intentions - Due Nov 15th

It's never too early to start.  Have you yet?  How are things coming along?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My major project for this year is the contest. I've got a small team that agreed to Beta Read and Edit for me, spent the last few months doing research, and I think I'm ready for it. As the rules state, I won't discuss the project beyond that.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

I have a working outline for the novella contest, but haven't given the anthologies much thought yet.  It's not close enough to the deadline yet ;) I've been putting my focus mainly on getting "The Hollow Hills" completed.  I have a student intern starting in two weeks, so once she's settled in I'll have a ton of writing time.  My plan is to finish THH and the contest story, then start brainstorming for the spring anthology.  

• Like 3

As most of you may have noticed, because I won't shut up about it ;-), since I came back at the end of December I'm trying to get my main serial story moving again, finishing a side story for a certain day in February, even considering reworking a stalled chapter novel into a set of serial chapters. 

And yet...

After my Godzilla short story, I'm itching to do something actually short. So I'm going to try for the 1500 word challenge and if that doesn't stay small it should work for the anthology. ^-^

Suppose I could have led with that.

Edited by VampireMystic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have tentative plans for the spring Encounters anthology and the novella contest. But, things keep getting in the way of my computer time :( 

I am determined to get more written this year than last year. :yes: 

Edited by Caz Pedroso
I really should read what I've typed before posting it.
  • Like 4

I'm not doing the contest, but I'll try to participate in the Anthologies. I started on the Forbidden Love challenge, but may not be able to hold the 1500 word limit. Then it will have to go to Anthology. 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4
  • Site Administrator

I've dug into my writing vault and yanked out some stuff.  One of which is unique to my other stuff and... novella length already... and no one has ever seen it...  0:)

Lots of writing and editing ahead for me.  :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have the entire plot for an anthology piece. Missed the whole 1500 word challenge thing because... life. Fortunately, the life stuff inspired the plot for the even better idea. 

I think I'm going to have to write the scenes out of sequence, I can't quite find the point of attack to begin writing the opening as intended.

Nothing I have in my Vault that might be long enough to be a novella is summer themed. 

At the rate I'm going everything I'm working on will be done at the same time... in a bad way. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, VampireMystic said:

I have the entire plot for an anthology piece. Missed the whole 1500 word challenge thing because... life. F

I think you still have time to do the Forbidden Love Challenge. Deadline Feb 9th

Edited by Timothy M.
corrected date
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I think you still have time to do the Forbidden Love Challenge. Deadline Feb 9th

Oh. Misremembered something somewhere. Thanks. Still feels like too little time left. But that's my issue. 

I'll probably have a 12-hour writing binge this weekend and create it. XP

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I have made good progress on both anthologies... I've gotta be insane writing 4 different stories at once.  But what the hell...it's working right now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...