• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, northie said:

Came across this reader question in an issue of The Atlantic which reads like it comes from one of Eric's alter-egos. Sadness is one of my responses, and some self-recognition. 

I hope not too much recognition. But if you have a deep secret about your sexuality/gender identity/orientation, I hope you know we won’t judge or condemn you here on GA. Now, if you’re secretly an ax murderer or something, I feel safe here thousands of miles away to allow you to keep that to yourself – @Dodger and others who frequent the UK might feel otherwise!
;–)

• 1 month later...

Time for an update of sorts...  Progress is slow and steady - I'm on Chapter 4, and 5 & 6 are in the pipeline. New characters. new interactions. and new situations, but there's always Eric. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

OK... 5 chapters and 16.5 k words down and I'm getting ready to introduce Rob Bairstow. Remember him? The precise circumstances of his appearance are for me to know and you to ponder.  ;)  :lol:  Things are going steady and I think the proposed date of September or thereabouts is pretty realistic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 months later...

OK, it's taken me long enough but I've finally decided on the wedding cake. There'll be two in fact. Andy would like the original as pictured here; Adam would prefer the same rainbow sponge but with a less sweet filling and a dark, bitter chocolate outside. What do you think?

Rainbow Cake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, northie said:

OK, it's taken me long enough but I've finally decided on the wedding cake. There'll be two in fact. Andy would like the original as pictured here; Adam would prefer the same rainbow sponge but with a less sweet filling and a dark, bitter chocolate outside. What do you think?

chocolate always *licks lips - wants now!*

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, northie said:

What do you think?

I’m wondering what Gilbert Baker thought when his San Francisco Gay Pride Parade creation was turned into food. I’m guessing he liked how widely his invention spread. But also a little disturbed at the same time…

9 hours ago, droughtquake said:

his San Francisco Gay Pride Parade creation was turned into food

I think the makers are using a rainbow as just that. The extra layer of meaning comes only from the context here.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, northie said:

Who says you're invited? :huh:  I'm the author.  ;)

When have you ever known zombies to ask permission or behave politely? If movies and TV shows have taught us anything, it’s that zombies don’t have brains, they eat them!
;–)

Much as I love chocolate, I don't think it will work with a sponge cake, and there is something yummy about icing too - as long as it's the soft kind and not the awful hard and oversweet stuff used on British Christmas cake. :puke:

How about a compromise where they use icing and have dark chocolate hearts sprinkled over the top ?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Much as I love chocolate, I don't think it will work with a sponge cake,

There'll be two cakes - 1 as illustrated, the other with a bitter dark chocolate shell. Doesn't mean there won't be swirls and decorations on top of that. I think it would work. You could always pep up the sponge with spice, chilli, or other flavourings. For the original, the outer layer is butter cream apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I was never sent an invitation, I wasn’t going to presume I’d be offered any cake either…
;–)

1 hour ago, Ivor Slipper said:

Much as I like cake, I have to say I find this very unappealing,

I wouldn't want to eat Andy's version - far too sweet. Adam's perhaps more so - I love bitter dark chocolate. 

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Since I was never sent an invitation, I wasn’t going to presume I’d be offered any cake either…
;–)

Since you'll all have a presumed virtual invitation of sorts, you're welcome to eat an equally virtual slice of whichever version appeals to you.

• Haha 2