If you'd like to get a taste of the character most likely to succeed Eric, when his story's over, take a look at this:

• Love 1

After a number of lengthy diversions, I'm officially back to writing Eric. Hopefully a couple of clear months will see a number of chapters written. *crosses fingers.*  :lol:

• Love 3

Came across this reader question in an issue of The Atlantic which reads like it comes from one of Eric's alter-egos. Sadness is one of my responses, and some self-recognition. 

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, northie said:

Came across this reader question in an issue of The Atlantic which reads like it comes from one of Eric's alter-egos. Sadness is one of my responses, and some self-recognition. 

I hope not too much recognition. But if you have a deep secret about your sexuality/gender identity/orientation, I hope you know we won’t judge or condemn you here on GA. Now, if you’re secretly an ax murderer or something, I feel safe here thousands of miles away to allow you to keep that to yourself – @Dodger and others who frequent the UK might feel otherwise!
;–)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I hope not too much recognition

Thanks, drought. If you have a look at my profile, it'll tell you perhaps you're a little behind the curve. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, northie said:

Thanks, drought. If you have a look at my profile, it'll tell you perhaps you're a little behind the curve. ;) 

Yeah, a little.
;–)

I’m glad you’re not an ax murderer!
;–)

• Haha 2

Time for an update of sorts...  Progress is slow and steady - I'm on Chapter 4, and 5 & 6 are in the pipeline. New characters. new interactions. and new situations, but there's always Eric. 

• Like 1

OK... 5 chapters and 16.5 k words down and I'm getting ready to introduce Rob Bairstow. Remember him? The precise circumstances of his appearance are for me to know and you to ponder.  ;)  :lol:  Things are going steady and I think the proposed date of September or thereabouts is pretty realistic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Is Rob the former coworker?
;–)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

;–)

And the winner of today's gold star is ....

perfect gold star GIF by MailChimp

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

;–)

You had me worried for a few seconds there DQ as I was sure Eric was a gardener not a farmhand 😁

Edited by Ivor Slipper
  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Carlos Hazday
      Working on a short story about a couple of college football jocks. Anyone interested in reading it?

• By comicfan
      So, personally I've had to deal with some changes. I've had all sorts of issues and still dealing but fighting on. Two years ago I had two detached retinas and had surgery. Last year I ended up having a triple bypass. Add the end of a seven year relationship and things have been in a dark place.

Decided I needed to focus on things I could do.

First up is complete a story I left in limbo. Life changes was originally finished, but the computer I had died and then my life hit the wall. Anyway, I can't remember what I'd had originally so I just wrote a whole new ending. So the story is 8 chapters and an epilogue. 

Secondly, I'm finishing a story for the anthology. Seeon and company will be back for this story. With a topic like in the stars how could I ignore him.

Third, Cia has a piece up about writing a story under the theme "Coming Out". Going to try and tackle that as well.

Finally, working on a new story but won't even say anything til that sucker is complete. When it posts I want it all set with no delays 
    • By northie
      Better late than never might be the motto hanging over the entrance ...  Oh well ... As the story continues to progress, maybe there'll be things you'd like to chat about, complain, moan. Whatever. 

First though, I've an announcement about Tony and Geoff, and the next few months. As a serial which is written as it's being posted, T&G needs discipline as well as enjoyment on my part. Over the past couple of episodes, that discipline has felt more like a constraint, something that holds me back from writing other things. So the next chapter, 17, about the meal, will be the last for a short while. It will finish Part 1 of Soul Music. I love the characters and I have plenty left to do with them, but I need a break. Both to do other things, and to recharge that part of my creative battery. I expect Geoff to be having that conversation with his mother sometime in July, probably as the opening chapter of Part 2. Sorry to keep you hanging on that one, but the meal seemed the only point at which I could call a temporary halt. @Parker Owens as my editor, and the person with the most invested in the story after me, has agreed with my decision. 

So, there it is. It will allow me to write more for GA - about Eric, amongst others, and another longish entry for the next anthology. In the meantime, there is one more chapter to write (and it may well turn out to be long one  ). I hope you've enjoyed it so far and that you'll rejoin me when I announce the start of Part 2 in this thread.   
    • By Hunter Thomson
      Just gonna leave tissues on the side table for people who need it. This is why coming out is so important and that we live our authentic truths.

https://www.outsports.com/2017/6/21/15851730/gay-pride-fathers-day-son-micah-porter
    • By Sasha Distan
      [sharedmedia=stories:stories:5578]  
      So Marty and Hrishi should be keeping y'all entertained for the next 13 weeks. General warning: they both swear, a lot, and they're not exactly nice to each other most of the time, and they're kinky as hell. But they're fun!

Enjoy my darlings.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..