2 hours ago, northie said:

For the original, the outer layer is butter cream apparently.

Sounds about right. One of my favorites is carrot cake with butter cream topping. No raisins :puke: but lots of walnuts. But of course brownies with lots of walnuts are even better. :P 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Sounds about right. One of my favorites is carrot cake with butter cream topping. No raisins :puke: but lots of walnuts. But of course brownies with lots of walnuts are even better. :P 

Why do people insist on ruining perfectly good cake (or bread) with vegetables? (I hate raisins too.)

• Haha 2

It's about time for another update.  :)  Not much progress currently as my time is being spent elsewhere. A new story, Apart will appear late summer (timing subject to change) in Premium. A short novella (4-5 chapters long), it started out as an entry for this month's Anthology before I decided it needed more time to do it justice. 

image.png.3e42de23cbb7d146d780a369670eec65.png

So what's it about? :X  :lol:  When the time's right, I'll start a new thread with a teaser. If you're not a Premium member, why not consider it? You can join for a one-off limited period or for longer. It gives you access to a select group of stories and it helps keep the lights on. https://gayauthors.org/subscriptions/

Eric will return to my notebook just as soon as this project is complete. Only a couple or so weeks to go. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, northie said:

Only a couple or so weeks to go.

I said on May 24. *sigh* With that story now posting, and a month-long writing course completed, I am definitely back to Eric. No other distractions on the horizon. *crosses fingers*

• Like 1

I'm currently staying in Eric's part of the world, or maybe, Rob Bairstow's would be more accurate. Chapter 10 is well on its way. Eric and Rob have reached a pivotal point... I hope the good progress I've managed over the past few weeks will continue. 

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to the story continuing.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By IBEX
      (mom, or someone else) " I speed-dialled 'DADDY' from your phone - but it wasn't your father that answered!"
    • By Carlos Hazday
      Working on a short story about a couple of college football jocks. Anyone interested in reading it?

• By comicfan
      So, personally I've had to deal with some changes. I've had all sorts of issues and still dealing but fighting on. Two years ago I had two detached retinas and had surgery. Last year I ended up having a triple bypass. Add the end of a seven year relationship and things have been in a dark place.

Decided I needed to focus on things I could do.

First up is complete a story I left in limbo. Life changes was originally finished, but the computer I had died and then my life hit the wall. Anyway, I can't remember what I'd had originally so I just wrote a whole new ending. So the story is 8 chapters and an epilogue. 

Secondly, I'm finishing a story for the anthology. Seeon and company will be back for this story. With a topic like in the stars how could I ignore him.

Third, Cia has a piece up about writing a story under the theme "Coming Out". Going to try and tackle that as well.

Finally, working on a new story but won't even say anything til that sucker is complete. When it posts I want it all set with no delays 
    • By northie
      Better late than never might be the motto hanging over the entrance ...  Oh well ... As the story continues to progress, maybe there'll be things you'd like to chat about, complain, moan. Whatever. 

First though, I've an announcement about Tony and Geoff, and the next few months. As a serial which is written as it's being posted, T&G needs discipline as well as enjoyment on my part. Over the past couple of episodes, that discipline has felt more like a constraint, something that holds me back from writing other things. So the next chapter, 17, about the meal, will be the last for a short while. It will finish Part 1 of Soul Music. I love the characters and I have plenty left to do with them, but I need a break. Both to do other things, and to recharge that part of my creative battery. I expect Geoff to be having that conversation with his mother sometime in July, probably as the opening chapter of Part 2. Sorry to keep you hanging on that one, but the meal seemed the only point at which I could call a temporary halt. @Parker Owens as my editor, and the person with the most invested in the story after me, has agreed with my decision. 

So, there it is. It will allow me to write more for GA - about Eric, amongst others, and another longish entry for the next anthology. In the meantime, there is one more chapter to write (and it may well turn out to be long one  ). I hope you've enjoyed it so far and that you'll rejoin me when I announce the start of Part 2 in this thread.   
    • By Hunter Thomson
      Just gonna leave tissues on the side table for people who need it. This is why coming out is so important and that we live our authentic truths.

https://www.outsports.com/2017/6/21/15851730/gay-pride-fathers-day-son-micah-porter

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..