1 minute ago, northie said:

I've now passed the word count of the first volume (42K) and I've still another 3 chapters to go (I think ;) ). I'm on the home straight.  :) 

The home straight in a story about a gay man ...

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Only three more chapters ? 

I'm halfway through chapter 15. So I think this volume will be about 18 chapters long. Still not quite sure.

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, northie said:

In the next chapter to be posted this Friday, Andy and Adam discuss wedding venues. Here's the link to a couple of photos of their preferred choice.

I suppose the Castle Howard (aka Brideshead) is out of their price range?  ;–)

3 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I'm sure Eric would love to be taken on a trip through half of England, but I think he'll be happy as long as there is a nice garden.

You did mean to invite him to the wedding, right ? ;) 

Eric’s garden has been refurbished and upgraded, but I don’t think he’d want to host even a small wedding in his yard!  ;–)

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Eric’s garden has been refurbished and upgraded, but I don’t think he’d want to host even a small wedding in his yard!  ;–)

Unless it's his own ? I'm sure the six people he knows can fit.

Spoiler

Andy, Adam, Brian from the café + wife, the home helper (Helen?) Claire. And NOT the nosy neighbor.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Unless it's his own ? I'm sure the six people he knows can fit.

Hide contents

Andy, Adam, Brian from the café + wife, the home helper (Helen?) Claire. And NOT the nosy neighbor.

Who are you marrying him off to?

Spoiler

And you forgot the students who did the work on his garden.  ;–)

2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Who are you marrying him off to?

Reveal hidden contents

And you forgot the students who did the work on his garden.  ;–)

I'll leave that up to Northie. ;)

Did he actually talk to them ? I'll have to go back and check. But they're still not close friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

but I think he'll be happy as long as there is a nice garden.

And their preferred location is a 'Capability' Brown landscape - his gardening hero.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, northie said:

I worry about you, drought.  :yes:  :lol:  

PBS has shown All Gardens Great and Small with all the weird gardens scattered around England. They’ve also shown how excited people get over baked goods on the Great British Bake Off with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. Add to that the fact you guys participate in Eurovision! (Will you be leaving that too with Brexit?)  ;–)

Problems ahead .... My laptop has died. Although everything's saved to cloud storage, I've never tried accessing it through my tablet, never mind working with it. There may well be a delay in the next Eric chapter which is due on Friday. More news as I know it.  :(

• Sad 3