Hurray for some better news: the next chapter is ready to go and will appear (crosses fingers) next Friday. The following Friday will also be Eric, rather than Soul Music, I think.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, northie said:

Problems ahead .... My laptop has died. Although everything's saved to cloud storage, I've never tried accessing it through my tablet, never mind working with it. There may well be a delay in the next Eric chapter which is due on Friday. More news as I know it.  :(

If you can pair your tablet to a Bluetooth keyboard, typing is much easier. But I’ve struggled to edit what I’ve written on my iPad because iOS is so touch-oriented especially in contrast with the mouse-oriented MacOS. There are all sorts of hacks that tech nerds have worked out and someone has probably figured out how to use your TV to mirror the tablet’s display.  ;–)

Edited by Former Member
11 hours ago, droughtquake said:

If you can pair your tablet to a Bluetooth keyboard, typing is much easier.

I'm sort of managing with my reserve laptop. Writing up anything has to be done in small doses as I have to peer at the screen to spot my typing errors. It's only for a comparatively short time so I don't want to spend money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've just reached the 100th virtual page of Eric's adventures this time around. :)   to me ... Possibly.  ;) 

There'll be another Eric chapter posted next week to make up for the lack of Soul Music. The end of next week is the earliest possible time for my main laptop to be returned. *fingers crossed*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just realised the next two chapters are a pair (for reasons you'll discover :ph34r: ), so I've decided the next two Fridays will be Eric. Then there'll be a short hiatus while I catch up with Soul Music

Edited by northie
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Okay, I read the last scene of your chapter. I don't want to read too much so I don't spoil it for when I do read the story. Isn't it interesting how people end up in hospital these days for little things like hangnails? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

how people end up in hospital

Does Eric end up in hospital? For an older man living on his own, maybe he doesn't want be institutionalised?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Don't forget there's another Eric episode today - it follows straight on from the one before ... :o

After this, things will resume to their usual fortnightly schedule.  :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Reposting the schematic of Andy's own garden. You may wish to bear it in mind when reading tomorrow's chapter.

Andy's garden.jpg

The writing is mine; everything else was filched from the internet. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to say that whatever problems I might have with my other story, there will be an Eric episode tomorrow. I squeezed in the inevitable re-edits yesterday. :)

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Having got my antho story finally finished, I can now get back to Eric. I've still two chapters to do for this volume. Although, as I've said elsewhere, I'm taking a break of sorts of the summer and autumn, I'll still be writing new chapters for the third volume. Just without any pressure. It will mean there'll be a considerable break between volumes though - autumn 2020 would be my guess.

• Sad 2
27 minutes ago, northie said:

Having got my antho story finally finished, I can now get back to Eric. I've still two chapters to do for this volume. Although, as I've said elsewhere, I'm taking a break of sorts of the summer and autumn, I'll still be writing new chapters for the third volume. Just without any pressure. It will mean there'll be a considerable break between volumes though - autumn 2020 would be my guess.

That gives Andy time to get Eric into the gym, update Eric’s wardrobe, and dress Eric in skinny jeans!
;–)

Or something like that…
;–)

Edited by Former Member
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

That gives Andy time to get Eric into the gym, update Eric’s wardrobe, and dress Eric in  skinny jeans!

Yeeessss...  :huh:  All I can say is I'm still the author.  :yes:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, northie said:

When getting today's chapter ready for posting, I started my usual thanks to @Parker Owens by saying 'Thanks to Eric'. Hmm... :huh: Interesting Freudian slip, or something.  :lol:

I’ll take that as a curmudgeonly compliment... :) 

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...