Using the Stories Archive to the Fullest

• Site Administrator

I'd like to remind every author here that you should be using the Stories Archive to the fullest in promoting your story.  That means you need to have a good book blurb in your Description.  You need to have the proper tags on your story.  You need to have the proper genre(s) on your story.  And for the love of all that is holy, if you have a story that is in a Series, use the series settings!  If you have a story in a series, this is not optional. I've asked the moderation staff to assist in contacting authors or outright correcting it in the system.

This blog will help if you are stuck.

Now, if the stories are related, but not in a series, which is to say, they occur in the same story world, then you do not have to use series.  We are working on a new feature "Worlds" that will be used to tie together stories that exist in the same story world but are not strictly a series.  A lot of us that have multiple stories are in this boat, so the new feature should work to address that.

Otherwise, please take the time to review all of your published works and make sure that all the metadata is filled out and updated.  This can only help you.  This will be especially true of older stuff.  Since I've been repromoting a lot of the old anthologies, I've found that most of them are very poorly represented in the system.  Now would be a great time to review all of your stories and make updates.

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

Oh, if you have an anthology entry, just drop the link here with the updates and one of the staff will make the updates for you.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I should point out on the Series function, we are requiring you use this.  People get confused enough at things that we don't need multiple ways of linking stories together, especially when we have an easy-to-use method built in.

• Like 2