Jump to content

Shadow Honor series


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Cynus said:

Sorry to hear about the computer troubles. Does that happen often?

It started fairly recently. It is a totally random bug. No amount of reboots, rollbacks, keyboard swaps affect it in the least. It starts when it starts and ends when it ends.  At one point everything was typed backward. I managed to fix that, but now the bug types jibberish. The only thing which still works properly is the OSK.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

It started fairly recently. It is a totally random bug. No amount of reboots, rollbacks, keyboard swaps affect it in the least. It starts when it starts and ends when it ends.  At one point everything was typed backward. I managed to fix that, but now the bug types jibberish. The only thing which still works properly is the OSK.

That must get aggravating! If I lost keyboard control, I would literally lose my mind.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, drpaladin said:

I wonder if Kirra's sword would know the weakness of golems.

Excellent question. Book 2 will provide you with some idea of an answer. :)

On 3/26/2018 at 10:47 PM, BlindAmbition said:

I was thinking of this story the other day. The rock throwing. There’s a school considering arming rooms with rocks.

Crazy! I guess not entirely, but you could make pretty much anything into a weapon if you really wanted to.

At my last job, we used to dissect each room to determine how we would defend it in case of an attack. We became pretty inventive about how to use the various objects around us.

Now that I'm a stay-at-home writer, I still think about all the different objects at my disposal in case of a home invasion. Of course, like @drpaladin, I have a wide collection of bladed objects already, but... well, it's good to know what you can use if those are out of reach. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Cynus said:

Now that I'm a stay-at-home writer, I still think about all the different objects at my disposal in case of a home invasion. Of course, like @drpaladin, I have a wide collection of bladed objects already, but... well, it's good to know what you can use if those are out of reach. :)

Ooo ooo ooo I love weapons also!

How many weapons? (Around 12)

Favorite weapon? (Cross headed short spear)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/28/2018 at 8:05 PM, Hellsheild said:

Ooo ooo ooo I love weapons also!

How many weapons? (Around 12)

Favorite weapon? (Cross headed short spear)

I'm not certain I could count how many I have... At least twelve knives (not used for cooking). Only one sword currently in my possession, though I own a few which aren't at my house. Two staves, a shinai, a couple bokken, a wooden kukri and sabre for training purposes, and a large iron cudgel. That's just what's within my own room/possession. If you count my significant other's room (yes we live in separate rooms. It's a complicated situation which I'm happy to explain but only if people are genuinely interested. It's nothing bad, just atypical), he has at least five swords, a few knives of his own, three wooden training weapons (at least. I may have lost count) including a spear, a kris, and a sabre. He has a staff as well, his is waxwood while mine is bamboo. Our two other housemates have even more weapons (including two blowdart guns which used to belong to Brad and me), one has a rifle and the other has an assortment of knives, and a wooden training glaive...

Favorite weapon? Among my collection it's the iron cudgel. I sleep with that beside my bed. My favorite type of weapon of all time would be some form of spiked or bladed gauntlet, or a strong metal boot.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, drpaladin said:

With the power Grim possesses, he surely could have saved Hurr if he had chosen to. Consider that modern doctors revive the clinically dead as a matter of course. Is this restriction by personal choice or a rule followed by his people?

 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, Cynus said:

Anybody want to weigh in on this? :)

 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, drpaladin said:

If you go far along that line, why save anyone? The Fedain are interfering.

 

Perhaps there were some bad experiences in the Fedain past from such attempts, people brought back not whole.

And so maybe this is how a Vhor is created? Coz damn, Fasha is badass. Those abilities remind me of some undead or soulless qualities tying into some lore ideas.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/1/2018 at 10:25 AM, daemok said:

 

 

And so maybe this is how a Vhor is created? Coz damn, Fasha is badass. Those abilities remind me of some undead or soulless qualities tying into some lore ideas.

Oh, that is some great stuff! I do really like this theory, and if it proves not be what is actually happening, I can always use this to inspire a future story. ;)

I will tell you that you will eventually know how a Vhor is created, and precisely who and what Fasha is, and maybe you'll find out you outsmarted me and guessed it before I ever revealed, hehe! :D

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It hasn't been brought up before, but the title Grand Inquisitor has the nasty connotation of the Spanish Inquisition behind it. Was this a meaningful connection  when you used the title in the story/ Few of these people holding the rank so far have been paragons of virtue.

 

From the events of the last chapter, Maxthane appears to be the most deadly single opponent Fasha could face. If he had known to combine the fire attack with his Fedain ability, Fasha might have been mortally wounded.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drpaladin said:

It hasn't been brought up before, but the title Grand Inquisitor has the nasty connotation of the Spanish Inquisition behind it. Was this a meaningful connection  when you used the title in the story/ Few of these people holding the rank so far have been paragons of virtue.

 

From the events of the last chapter, Maxthane appears to be the most deadly single opponent Fasha could face. If he had known to combine the fire attack with his Fedain ability, Fasha might have been mortally wounded.

Ahhh! But no one expects the Spanish Inquisition! (No. I absolutely could not have resisted saying it)

I chalked it up to hindsight being 20/20.

But now the three are united and the expedition can be underway.

We have a thief until trained in combat whose knowledge stealth will be most invaluable.

A red magician

And a warrior with access to past knowledge.

(Yes I liked Final Fantasy very much)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, drpaladin said:

It hasn't been brought up before, but the title Grand Inquisitor has the nasty connotation of the Spanish Inquisition behind it. Was this a meaningful connection  when you used the title in the story/ Few of these people holding the rank so far have been paragons of virtue.

 

From the events of the last chapter, Maxthane appears to be the most deadly single opponent Fasha could face. If he had known to combine the fire attack with his Fedain ability, Fasha might have been mortally wounded.

 

On 4/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Hellsheild said:

Ahhh! But no one expects the Spanish Inquisition! (No. I absolutely could not have resisted saying it)

I chalked it up to hindsight being 20/20.

But now the three are united and the expedition can be underway.

We have a thief until trained in combat whose knowledge stealth will be most invaluable.

A red magician

And a warrior with access to past knowledge.

(Yes I liked Final Fantasy very much)


I don't think this counts as a spoiler, really, since it's not really pertinent to the present, so I think I'll answer that directly. :)

The Inquisition was once a legitimate Inquisition. During the years after Neredos sealed the demons, he was dedicated to preserving his reign by whatever means necessary. The Inquisition was formed to hunt down insurgencies and to help rid the world of certain forces which could serve to challenge Neredos' claim to rule. Once the dust had settled and they'd accomplished their mission, they retained their title but became more of an investigate and offensive branch of the Knights of the Firmament.

Oh, Maxthane is definitely the most powerful of the three boys at the moment, but the others will have opportunities to grow. We'll have a full party to take on the ultimate evil in the end! Go, Warriors of Light! (Well, I guess we only really have ONE of those, since Kirra's the only one from the Everbright City, and the other two are Warriors of Dark . . . but, you get the idea.)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Hey Devilsire! I just began reading Shadow Honor, and I absolutely love it! I'll be binge-reading this all this week.

Spawnling! I can't wait to see what you think of it!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/26/2018 at 9:44 PM, drpaladin said:

In case anyone missed it, Book 2 - Clouded Purity began yesterday.

 

 

Thank you for posting this. :) I kept meaning to get around to it, but I've been sort of out of commission for the last few days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, drpaladin said:

I had a nagging feeling something was missing today. I just realized what it was.

Yeah, unfortunately it will be awhile before book 3 is ready. I'm not finished with it yet, and I don't like to start posting before the book is finished. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Cynus said:

Yeah, unfortunately it will be awhile before book 3 is ready. I'm not finished with it yet, and I don't like to start posting before the book is finished. 

 

It's a good habit. You can never tell what you might run into. I'm following two specific stories now which have run into issues. One is dribbling out sporadically and the other is in limbo. Both were supposed to be regularly timed releases and are from seasoned authors.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

 

It's a good habit. You can never tell what you might run into. I'm following two specific stories now which have run into issues. One is dribbling out sporadically and the other is in limbo. Both were supposed to be regularly timed releases and are from seasoned authors.

I've been there, unfortunately. I've released ahead of being finished twice, and both times it stressed me out immensely. Not only because I wanted to finish the damn story, but also because I felt I was letting down my readers.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm working on chapter 17 of book 3 right now, and I just wanted to let y'all know, you guys are in for a crazy ride once we get there. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Will Hawkins said:

I started reading this story at book 1, but the comments lead me to believe I came in the middle of the Second Act. I guess I will just have to persevere until it all makes sense.

The way things change and don't change over time is a major component of this story, but I promise it comes together. :)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..