I'm looking for Beta readers for a monthly project.

Final draft by the 20th of the month. 

Each will be first published in Imagine Magazine. GA to be one month behind Imagine.

Chapter lengths vary. Approximately 

1 - 3300 - Final 

2 - 2900 - Final

3 - 6900 - Draft

More already drafted, around a dozen planned. 

As you might have guessed, the project is already moving. The March chapter is out now. (Early release for Valentine's Day)

Chapter 2 releases in April. Then Ch. 1 comes here. And so on. 

Excited already? See my GA blog, linked at the bottom. 

No? Let's keep going!

It's an urban/contemporary fantasy. Or science fiction, lines blur for me there. 

It's a story from a similar vein (ha) as the epic romance saga Gone From Daylight by @Comicality. Although I'm planning a much smaller scale. XD ( the whole story takes place over the course of one Valentine's Day, sunset to sunrise. 

Vampires, teenagers, angst, action, drama... sexual content. It's even in Chicago  (long story about a short story) With the added bonus of shining some moonlight on how things were for the LGBT community in that murky bygone era, the 90's! (Hehe) And hopefully compare where we were to where we are. 

Stars

Aiden Desmond (14) a boy intelligent beyond his peers, and made wiser beyond his years by bitter experiences visited on him and his family. 

Peter Dane (ostensibly 16) likewise intelligent and well acquainted with the darkness of life on no matter which side of the solar terminator you spend your waking hours. 

Fellow insomniacs and friends for the last three years. Their lives and lifestyles have been allowed to overlap under the roof of the Chicago Ravenwolfe House. An organization with principles, and an approach to social work almost as unusual as some of their clientele. With a payroll that includes some surprises and benefits that include stipends for a discrete laundry service that performs wonders with... stains. 

For three years the friendship of this young heart and old soul has enjoyed the illusion of having two unspoken things in common. 

* Being human 

* *Liking* girls

Harsh as life may have been, Aiden was blindsided by the the idea that anything else was possible, on both counts. 

6 weeks since that conversation, Aiden is still struggling with his expanded view of the world and all the questions raised. 

For 6 weeks circumstances took Peter out of Chicago. Aiden has reasons for wanting a night out on 2-14-9X, and Valentine's Day isn't one of them. 

But, for two handsome boys out together on a Valentine's Day at Navy Pier, the rest of the world may prove impossible to ignore. It certainly won't ignore them.

Aiden has questions, and he wants answers. He'll have some of them by dawn, to questions he hasn't even considered before. 

Just as urgently, he's determined that they both have fun. Some days on the calendar, well are what friends are for. As long as Peter's home before curfew, it should be easy, right?

What time is sunrise, anyway?

From the world of "Predators" by @VampireMystic (XP): 2-14-9X

Link in the blog

Edited by VampireMystic
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for beta readers then, WTF... why isn't everyone all over this.  Well, I offer my services and time as a beta reader.  Don't have editing skills, but, can read with my 11th grade public school education and like what I am hearing... if you need some eyes... and reads... and feedback, let me know.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, zhadley said:

If you are looking for beta readers then, WTF... why isn't everyone all over this.  Well, I offer my services and time as a beta reader.  Don't have editing skills, but, can read with my 11th grade public school education and like what I am hearing... if you need some eyes... and reads... and feedback, let me know.

Appreciate the offer. I PM'd you

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...