SWEET!!! It's official for Ruel now! XD

• Site Moderator

He has moved up fast. This is from his FB page on April 4th.

pretty much exactly a year ago i played to 35 ppl at a place called the record crate, tonight i played to 35,000 ppl for the commonwealth games opening ceremony. ooft

From 35 to a crowd of 35,000 in a year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

This young man is only 15, the same age as my brother-in-law...and he came up with that? :o Oh, he will go many places. :yes:

I love that first song, Don't Tell Me. :D

Ruel's story behind his first single...

• Love 1
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Can anyone tell me his last name? :P Even the great and powerful Wikipedia doesn't know. :o

From what I've seen, Ruel is listed as his stage name. It may not even be part of his real name. He doesn't disclose who his parents are or if he has any siblings. He seems intent on keeping his personal life private.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Can anyone tell me his last name? :P Even the great and powerful Wikipedia doesn't know. :o

Ruel Van Dijk.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Where did you see that?

page 2 or 3 of the google search for Ruel real name and then a separate search for that name

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I finally found it at the very end of an article from last year. You can't keep anything secret in the age of information. The name is very Dutch and un-Australian.

• Wow 1
6 hours ago, drpaladin said:

From what I've seen, Ruel is listed as his stage name. It may not even be part of his real name. He doesn't disclose who his parents are or if he has any siblings. He seems intent on keeping his personal life private.

Well, good for him. In this era, where almost nothing is private anymore, we should hold on to whatever semblance of privacy we have left. :yes:

• Like 1

Still going, full steam ahead! It's also really cool that he gets to stay in the studio and have a hands-on approach and final say in his own music. ALWAYS a good thing for any artist! Things are looking good!

And a short interview, as well...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Comicality said:

Still going, full steam ahead! It's also really cool that he gets to stay in the studio and have a hands-on approach and final say in his own music. ALWAYS a good thing for any artist! Things are looking good!

He's a handsome young man, very photogenic. And a charismatic fellow, too. :)

• Love 1
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Comicality said:

Ooh! Nope! I haven't seen this! i was JUST talking about Ruel yesterday! See? We're connected. Hehehe! Sighhhh...he's dreamy. :P 

Especially with those glasses in the video.  :*)  I'm sure Mickey would love to meet him. IDK when Ruel's birthday is, but I think Mickey might be a bit younger than him.  :gikkle:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..