Myr

Stories 2.3 RC3 Live - Report Bugs Here

I've gotten a Notification now on Story I Follow, but not Authored, after a member posts a Comment on a Chapter. Used to, I was getting them only for the ToC story page only. Wasn't sure if that is Bug or New Feature, but I temporarily turned off that notification.

That notification setting is for any comments made on the stories you follow, so that setting is correct. It's something some members who like to do a conversation in the comments may wish to keep active but others just may want to have notifications that the author has responded as we had previously. But, as that format has changed, the authors will have to either quote the comment or use an @ mention for the reader to know they've commented specifically to them, just in case the reader has turned off that notification feature. 

Something to look at and see if we can change or not. But, no, the notifications for chapter comments is not a bug and it is working properly. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this a bug, or indeed anything to do with the latest version, but I seem to have lost a noticeable amount of reputation overnight. The timing may just be coincidence ... Or has there been a recalculation following the removal of someone's stories?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, northie said:

Not sure if this a bug, or indeed anything to do with the latest version, but I seem to have lost a noticeable amount of reputation overnight. The timing may just be coincidence ... Or has there been a recalculation following the removal of someone's stories?

I wasn't going to mention it, but if you lost some too, at least I know I am not being paranoid. I am curious as well.:cowboy:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Cia said:

Stories 2.3.2 went live today. We are aware there are some new bugs and a few other things cropping up, such as:

1. Attempting to view past page 1 of an author's story listing sends you to the page with a list of all authored stories. Using the browser back button returns you to page 1 of the all author story listing, not page 1 of the single author's stories, even though the author's name is selected in the author filter options. Hitting refresh does then refilter to a list of the single author's stories. Tested via my Surface in Edge and Chrome.

If you find any bugs, please remember to share them with the proper information so we can follow up on what you're seeing. 

Cia, what I found will probably - I hope - be fixed when what you've described gets fixed, but I discovered a little twist to this bug. Mikiesboy's story list does exactly what you describe, with one difference. On page one, the fifth story on his list is Macgreg's not Mikiesboy's. I looked at the list of four or five authors and this is the only list where this occurs. 

Macbook Air,  OS X El Capitan, Google Chrome

https://www.gayauthors.org/author/mikiesboy

Edit: Cia, northie pointed out this story is a collaborative effort by Macgreg (first author) and Mikiesboy (second author) so that probably explains this story being on tim’s list even though only Mac’s name shows up as author in the main listing. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, northie said:

@Reader1810  That work is collaborative, Reader. I imagine tim is one of the co-authors.  :) 

Good point, northie. I didn’t take note of the title, just saw the entry on tim’s list. tim’s name does appear as second author in the author section when I opened the story page. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, northie said:

I didn't lose any rep points since yesterday, but perhaps the recalculation relates to stories or topics I haven't commented on. :unsure2:

(I wouldn't normally know what my rep counter is from day to day, but just now I'm keeping an eye on it as I approach a cool number.)

• Like 1