Greater Terran Union - Stellaris Invicta

• Site Administrator
23 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Website for the game: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/stellaris/STST01G-MASTER.html

It looks really good.

This is probably a sign I own too many games... I own that... didn't realize what it was.

The world is far more fascinating than the gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That's good to know. I was looking into it, for when I upgrade the crap top.

Milage may vary.  I have a shiny object problem when it comes to games.  Especially lately... so my opinion of it shouldn't be weighed for much.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2018 at 6:56 PM, BHopper2 said:

That's good to know. I was looking into it, for when I upgrade the crap top.

Game-wise, it's a sandbox similar to a lot of older 4X games combined with Paradoxes empire management from the Europea Universalis Series, which I personally have been playing for over a decade (Roman Empire will rise again, my Byzantines soldiers will see to it).

As for Stellaris, I have the game and the expansions, here's two styles of gamings:

1. Tall Empires: you don't colonize that many planets, instead build outposts and hold strategic resources/chokepoints/systems. This may not give you as much resources as the large empires, but you won't have as much risk of factions or civil war risks. If you are looking to do research or diplomatic victories, it is highly recommended to choose this.

2. Wide Empires, you are expanding outwards and building massive war fleets. This could be great for endgame crisis, Crisis in clude extra-galactic invasions, AI civil wars, ancient empires awakening (think Babylon 5 Vorlon vs. Shadows @jamessavik should probably check it out), and of course all out wars with planet killers. There are issues with big empires too, you are going to have a big issue managing it along with regional issues, xenophobic/xenophile racial tensions from alien immigration/Android populations/offshoot species.

It's a game for those who love to micromanage, explore strange new worlds, and get their asses handed to them by space dragons.

• Like 1