Last Post Wins #47

• Site Moderator

And back to the mighty raptor once again.

Pack Your Lunch and include a Blueberry Popover as we celebrate Mario Day. Hopefully you remembered to change your clocks before going to bed last night or your going to be late for something due to Daylight Saving Time.

1 hour ago, TalonRider said:

Hopefully you remembered to change your clocks before going to bed last night or your going to be late for something due to Daylight Saving Time.

Why is it that everyone seems to think we all live in the same time zone...? :rofl:

Daylight saving time 2019 in Republic of Ireland will begin at 01:00 on
Sunday, 31 March
and ends at 02:00 on
Sunday, 27 October
All times are in Ireland Time. (Ireland Time is UTC +0)

l-7932-i-rest-my-case.jpg

:joe: 

• Site Moderator

The last Sunday of March and October used to be the days we switched too. Then someone got the bright idea to move those dates to the second Sunday. Personally, I don't see why we need to change. The time change, I believe was done for the farmers to give them more daylight to work the fields. With todays technology, running the machinery could be done from the Lounge chair.

BTW, the shiny's coming with me now. And with the cat/bird, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

And back to the mighty raptor once again.

Since it's the Day after Daylight Savings Day here in the US, it's Napping Day and Johnny Appleseed will be participating. For the High Schoolers, it's Promposal Day. For all you woodworkers, today is the day Worship your Tools.  For you adventurous types, have some Oatmeal Nut Waffles for breakfast. On a morbid note, today is also National Funeral Directors and Mortician Recognition Day.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Since it's the Day after Daylight Savings Day here in the US, it's Napping Day and Johnny Appleseed will be participating. For the High Schoolers, it's Promposal Day. For all you woodworkers, today is the day Worship your Tools.  For you adventurous types, have some Oatmeal Nut Waffles for breakfast. On a morbid note, today is also National Funeral Directors and Mortician Recognition Day.

All of which may be very interesting...

And meanwhile, today in Ireland, there's a crowning ceremony being held on that ancient seat of power,  the The Hill of Tara, to inaugurate Marty to the position of High King of Ireland and the World

Thank you all for your kind attention. :) :joe:

• Angry 1
  • Site Administrator
7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

You spelled 'depraved' wrong.  :gikkle:  :joe: 

The only people depraved are you and Marty.

But after my good sleep, I am no longer deprived  ;)

Oh, Marty, when I'm Tsar of LPW Land if you show a little respect, I might just let you keep your little kingdom of Ireland. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Wildone reckoned he'd go far;

even thought that he might become Tsar.

When up stepped a real killjoy
saying "We need a man, not a boy!"

Seems poor Wildy was just wishing on a star! 

:thankyou: and goodnight. :thumbup:  :joe:

• Haha 2
  • Site Administrator

Then you shall have a place of honor in my court, instead of being relegated to an oubliette with the deposed despot and his lickspittle when I regain my rule over LPW land!  :joe: 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Then you shall have a place of honor in my court, instead of being relegated to an oubliette with the deposed despot and his lickspittle when I regain my rule over LPW land!  :joe: 

Dream on 😛 

• Site Administrator

Fine.  Enjoy listening to the deposed despot whine to his lickspittle as you sit all alone in your oubliette.  :P  :joe: 

• Site Moderator

Relieves the tired Grandpa of the shiny can get his rest.

For those of you have an International House of Pancakes (IHOP), you can go there for some free pancakes on their free Pancake day. Plant a Flower today and a Girl Scout may come and fix you some Baked Scallops.

• Love 1