• Site Administrator

One of the most powerful things you can do to market yourself is just being active and engaged on the site.  You are allowed to set your signature  here:

https://www.gayauthors.org/settings/signature/

Put one of your stories there.

Now, go and participate in discussions on the site.  And I don't mean going to a topic and saying "me too".  Well, sometimes that fits, but don't be a wallflower.  If you want people to go read something you wrote, then say something interesting and relevant to a topic.  If people like what you say, then they might go looking for other stuff you've said or written. 

This is not a one-time thing.  This is something that builds over time.  So don't go out and make 15 posts in 15 different topics and then disappear for a month, and expect more people reading your story.  It's far better to make 1 post every day for 15 days.

Now, that great thing about this technique is that it is win-win-win.  The site benefits from the activity.  Other people benefit from the engaging conversation and you benefit by putting your stuff out there where others can see.

• Like 5
On 10/28/2018 at 6:48 PM, Myr said:

Put one of your stories there.

I do, after one of your earlier suggestions, and I change it regularly. Seems like I'm one of very few who does. Not sure it makes any difference though. I think it's one of those things to do because you can and it doesn't cost anything, rather than expecting it to dramatically alter your viewing figures.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator
18 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Can a Series or World be shared like a Story?

I don't know. I can check and add it to the list though. That's a relatively simple update for the programmer 

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

I have added it to the list for the programmer. So, hopefully with the next update, Series and Worlds will format similar to stories when you paste a link.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I found another way to promote series.

1. Take the banner you made/have for your series.

2. Open it in Paint and then click resize.

3. Keep the box checked for keeping the aspect ratio. And choose Pixels.

3. Adjust the Horizontal to 600 pixels. If you're using a banner made for a series, then the vertical will be under the guideline. (You can find the Pixel range on the signature controls.)

4. Upload your pic to your favorite hosting site. I put mine in my Series Gallery. And find the URL to the said image.

5. In your signature controls, place the URL for the pic. Make sure it blows up to the pic, and not just the link.

6. Click the pic, so it's highlight in the border box. Click the Inset weblink button, and paste in the URL to the series in the top line, and leave the bottom line blank.

7. Save your signature.

If it worked correctly, it should function like the one I have in my signature.

I hope that helps. 🙂

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1