The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC Friends 

just wanted to stop in and say good morning.

i found quote on the internet:

“Some days, no matter how much You tell yourself to remain positive, it is just impossible.”

this is my struggle right now. 

how are things with you ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Good morning all.

Think I would drink more than wine. 

Am i the only one who

a) flushes sediment from the heater annually.  

And 

b ) inspects the sacrificial annode at the same time?

Had the heater in the trailer the barn hand lives in fail a few weeks back. Asked the boss, an electrical engineer who went back to school and obtained a teaching degree, when was the last time those two things were done?  His answer:

"Whats a sacrificial annode?"

Could be something as simple as a B vitamine deficiency. B's are water soluble, so it becomes easy to flish out more than you take in, especially in hot weather.

You're supposed to flush a water heater?

• Haha 5

Good morning all.  I caught up like 8 pages, so there was a lot happening.  Glad to see mostly folk are doing well.  

Hope those with situations in flux find happy easy solutions.   

Happy Thursday.  I really want a vacation.  But none allowed right now.   We are having a wee bit of a staffing shortage.  Sigh. 

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i never knew......

(gobsmacked)

Hey, you knew more than most peeps seem to!  The rest is just the science geek in me.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Kitt said:

Also prolongs its life.

Keeping the sacrificial anode in decent shape is important too. It's a zinc bar that hangs in the tank dispelling any electrolysis similar to the zinc plates on a boat. As the name implies, the process eats away at the zinc instead of the heater works, and must be replaced periocically.

Ok, the chemistry major in me will shut up now.

I am not going to pretend I know what that means.  I suppose you pronounce anion to rhyme with zion, not onion.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..