Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

OMG

The USGS said in its aftershock forecast that there will be between 63 and 260 aftershocks with a magnitude of 3.0 or greater over the next seven days. There is a 4% chance of one with a magnitude of 6.5 or more.:blink:

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
19 hours ago, Marty said:

So it's Friday, and I have uploaded my 7th photograph in my challenge to take and upload a new black and white photograph every week for 52 weeks.

I have named this one: "Cottage Garden (3) - Old tree stump"

49899215686_b1a655f2f6_c.jpg

Wow, what incredible depth and texture.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

The poop patrol continues. Talked to my vet again and she says if she's not better by Monday, to call and she will give her an antibiotic. Says it's likely large bowel issue. Prescribed pumpkin for her, and my daughter has just delivered it for me... gotta go... :) 

Wait ... if the vet prescribed pumpkin for Cookie why did your daughter deliver it for you? I do hope she's improved soon, Cookie not your daughter though I wish her well too.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Dughlas hope your well today:hug::kiss:

I'm well enough thank you. After an early morning walk with the pup I spent a couple of hours laying paving stones as a walkway between Mum's and her neighbors. Despite having a bit of headache I was able to lay about a quarter of the stones before the heat became too much. They are pleased with the results so far as am I. I'm taking a break from the job tomorrow to rest as working today aggravated the migraine plus the shoulder I injured in the car accident in January is not taking kindly to the physical stress I'm putting it under.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Thistle went swimming in the pond today. I was not best pleased as he'd just had a bath yesterday afternoon. Despite being eight years-old this was his first time in the water. Mum brought him out to me as I was finishing my morning labors. He was on his leash which is standard for him until the neighbor openned their door and left their lab pup out off leash. He is terrible about leashing the pup when he brings her out. She tends to swarm all over Thistle as she's not well controlled. I unclipped Thistle so the two dogs wouldn't become tangled in his leash and to allow him more freedom to escape from her. Next thing we know about six of the local ducks come wandering down the backlawns and Thistle and Pippin take off after them. The ducks took flight headed for the pond with the dogs sprinting in pursuit along the bank. About 100 feet down the pond the ducks landed and Thistle took a flying leap after them. He covered a good 6-8 feet before he landed with a splash. When he realized he wasn't going to catch the ducks he turned around and swam back to the bank and climbed out as nice as you please. He got well rinsed with the garden hose and then sprawled in the sunshine to dry. That was his adventure for the day.

Lovely story... Made my day. :hug: 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Thistle went swimming in the pond today. I was not best pleased as he'd just had a bath yesterday afternoon. Despite being eight years-old this was his first time in the water. Mum brought him out to me as I was finishing my morning labors. He was on his leash which is standard for him until the neighbor openned their door and left their lab pup out off leash. He is terrible about leashing the pup when he brings her out. She tends to swarm all over Thistle as she's not well controlled. I unclipped Thistle so the two dogs wouldn't become tangled in his leash and to allow him more freedom to escape from her. Next thing we know about six of the local ducks come wandering down the backlawns and Thistle and Pippin take off after them. The ducks took flight headed for the pond with the dogs sprinting in pursuit along the bank. About 100 feet down the pond the ducks landed and Thistle took a flying leap after them. He covered a good 6-8 feet before he landed with a splash. When he realized he wasn't going to catch the ducks he turned around and swam back to the bank and climbed out as nice as you please. He got well rinsed with the garden hose and then sprawled in the sunshine to dry. That was his adventure for the day.

:rofl:

Not that eight is particularly old for a dog, I couldn't help but think about the old adage about old dogs and new tricks when I read that...

image6.jpg

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..