Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

The weather is pleasantly warm this evening, and people are finally able to go to the beach again. The West Bay Marina parking lot was full, and there were quite a few yachts on the water. This afternoon, Morgan and I went to the beach, observing a six-foot distance from the others. We saw the same young couple from the Cherry Festival last year.  :yes: 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

For Marty... and anyone with rough hands...

That lady legit washed a dish with soap and put it right on the drying rack without rinsing it.  Ew.  

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

You could use some of the rain here, it is full on 

I will keep fingers crossed for you :hug:

And it's full on here, as well. Woke up yesterday morning to persistent rain, and it's still raining this morning, with at least 13.5mm (over half an inch) of rain forecast for the day, and a maximum temperature of only 12°C (54°F). There's a possibility we might actually see some sunshine again on Tuesday...

Stay safe, Albert. :hug: 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Marty said:

And it's full on here, as well. Woke up yesterday morning to persistent rain, and it's still raining this morning, with at least 13.5mm (over half an inch) of rain forecast for the day, and a maximum temperature of only 12°C (54°F). There's a possibility we might actually see some sunshine again on Tuesday...

Stay safe, Albert. :hug: 

We got a nasty thunderstorm overnight which kept me up half the night.  :unsure:  It's sunny now.  Not sure what the temp is.  I think it's supposed to reach the mid-upper 70s. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

We used to starch our shirts in the sixties. Very tough on nipples. :(  :P  Hey, B-man! :glomp: 

I remember my mam doing this as far back as the fifties. But we almost always wore unstarched vests under our shirts, so the nipple problem wasn't usually a factor. But they could chafe the back of the neck (and the front if the top button was fastened).

I still remember the packets of Robin Starch.... :yes: 

starch.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Albert1434 said:

So Marty how is the garden growing?

Well, it's drowning more than growing just at the moment. Hopefully the weather will pick up again soon.

How are you and Steve?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..