Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

11 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Marty is your garden under water? I hope not:yes:

Not actually under water, Albert, thanks for your concern. :thumbup:

But an awful lot of rain has fallen on it this past three days, which has left the ground too wet to do any gardening. Looks like the next few days should be reasonably dry, so that should give me the chance to mow the lawns and, more importantly, erect some netting for the peas to climb up, and sink some posts to run string between to support the broad beans.

I've spent the past couple of days mainly inside the house. One of the jobs I've been doing is washing down doors & door frames, and window reveals & sills, to remove years of accumulated dirt and grime. It was only when I finished each one that I realised just how dirty they had been. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sounds like good work, washing the windows.  :yes:

Not the actual windows themselves. The window reveals. The wooden surrounds,, and the sills. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Marty said:

True...

Although there are that many existing layers of paint (the house is around 100 years old, remember) that I am seriously considering stripping it all down to the bare wood, and staining and varnishing it... :yes: 

:hug:

That would look very nice Marty. Would it be a dark stain?

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..