Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

50 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hi all, I hope you're all doing well and a :hug: for you my Sexy Lumberjack.

First real day of holiday here. We took the car and followed  the "cliffs path", a path going alongside  the cliffs with nice little beaches all the way, it can also be done by feet. We then stopped on the Bonaparte beach - where French resistance was spending back English paratroopers - where we walked in the sea and had lunch and got sunburned (for our defense  it was very cloudy in the morning). This afternoon  we continued toward  the pink granite coast,  had a terrific  ice cream and a nice walk. We had a nice dinner overlooking  the boats and tiny islands. It rained when we left the restaurant but it was a very good day. With my glasses the sunburn  on my face makes me look like Rudolph  the reindeer...

Hey, Rudolph... I mean Tink. :hug: Glad you and your dad are having a good time. :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, clochette said:

First real day of holiday here. We took the car and followed  the "cliffs path", a path going alongside  the cliffs with nice little beaches all the way, it can also be done by feet. We then stopped on the Bonaparte beach - where French resistance was spending back English paratroopers - where we walked in the sea and had lunch and got sunburned (for our defense  it was very cloudy in the morning). This afternoon  we continued toward  the pink granite coast,  had a terrific  ice cream and a nice walk. We had a nice dinner overlooking  the boats and tiny islands. It rained when we left the restaurant but it was a very good day. With my glasses the sunburn  on my face makes me look like Rudolph  the reindeer...

Wow sounds like you had a very nice time :kiss:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, all. Had a lousy night... spent the morning at the ophthalmologist  because I had sudden onset of floaters and lightning. There were no tears or detachment, so he's not too concerned. He gave me drops that are still affecting my vision so I think I will lay down for a while... I am so relieved... I might be stuck with this for a while, but the lightning might disappear in a few days if I'm lucky. One of the many benefits of aging. :( 

Hope it all clears up reasonably quickly, Gary. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, clochette said:

Apart from the sunburn, it sounds idyllic. :)

Cloudy or not tomorrow, pack sun cream before you head out. :yes:

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Marty I hope that when you have the house finish should that ever happen you would post some pictures please:kiss:

Sure will, Albert! :thumbup:

Although it may be as well if I were to post progress pictures as different jobs get finished. There's that much needs doing, I may never get everything finished. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Marty said:

It's after midnight, so I'm away to my bed.

Good night, gang! :hug:

The first half of 2020 now over. Let's hope the second half goes better than the first... 

Night, bro. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Wow that is strange lighting?

Yeah, it's flashes of light when your eyes moves... really disturbing... makes me feel ill. Can be a sign of detached retina, but my retina is okay. Google 'floaters and lightning,' and you can get an explanation. As long as it doesn't get worse my eyes are likely going to be okay. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
43 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Yeah, it's flashes of light when your eyes moves... really disturbing... makes me feel ill. Can be a sign of detached retina, but my retina is okay. Google 'floaters and lightning,' and you can get an explanation. As long as it doesn't get worse my eyes are likely going to be okay. 

Did it come out of nowhere?

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..