Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

• Site Administrator
9 minutes ago, Marty said:

Coming up to midnight, so I'll have my cocoa and head to bed. :)

Night all! :hug:

(Hope your beloved Leafs do well for you tonight, Gary. :yes:)

hot cocoa chocolate GIF by HuffPostGood Night Buenas Noches GIF by Denyse®

• Like 2
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Marty said:

Coming up to midnight, so I'll have my cocoa and head to bed. :)

Night all! :hug:

(Hope your beloved Leafs do well for you tonight, Gary. :yes:)

Thanks, Marty. Good night. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

G'day y'all. We didn't get the strong storms overnight. We are in a bit of a transition. The temp and humidity level continued to drop since we woke this morning. It is currently overcast and 74/23°. The day is to remain overcast with a forecast high near 87/30°. Rain is possible later today with heavy rain a near certainty tomorrow as Isaias moves up the coast. My headache has eased some so I hope to finish working the soil and planting the new lawn this morning. With the cooler temp and cloud cover it should not be too difficult. Blessed be.

Edited by dughlas
  • Love 5
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. We didn't get the strong storms overnight. We are in a bit of a transition. The temp and humidity level continued to drop since we woke this morning. It is currently overcast and 74/23°. The day is to remain overcast with a forecast high near 87/30°. Rain is possible later today with heavy rain a near certainty tomorrow as Isaias moves up the coast. My headache has eased some so I hope to finish working the soil and planting the new lawn this morning. With the cooler temp and cloud cover it should not be too difficult. Blessed be.

It's sunny and cool out this morning.  There's a chance of some storms today and tomorrow, but I don't think anything severe.  Is Isaias supposed to impact where your mum is?  

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

It's sunny and cool out this morning.  There's a chance of some storms today and tomorrow, but I don't think anything severe.  Is Isaias supposed to impact where your mum is?  

She is in the projected path. I just read that they expect Isaias to regain hurricane strength before reaching landfall. I'll try calling her in a bit to see how she's doing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, Marty said:

Glad to hear the weather has cooled somewhat for you, dug. Best of luck planting the new lawn. :) 

I intend shortly to head out and dig the first of my early (determinate) potatoes. Just one plant to begin with, but I'll be interested to see how they turn out. :yes: 
(
Mental note to self: Take Trusty Nikon with you and take some photographs.)

I managed to finish work on the new lawn. Seed scattered and covered in a light layer of chopped straw ti retain moisture and discourage birds and such.

I envy you digging potatoes bro. While I can find fresh potatoes at nearby markets I remember how tasty my own fresh dug ones were.

The day has turned rather pleasant. Currently mostly sunny with scattered high thin clouds. Temp is 84/29°, far nicer than it has been. The pup and I have spent the last hour relaxing in the shade but I should make some lunch and return the tiller. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, clochette said:

I've lift the first round of potatoes last night and we had them for lunch today and I've also picked the first tom tonight (it was actually 3 smaller ones that somehow merged together to formed a big one), it's beautiful 

That's an interesting tomato. I've never grown that variety though seedlings for it are available in this area. Your potatoes look to be the size for steaming then serving with melted butter and fresk chives and parsley.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..