Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. A brief bit of autumn arrived today. Woke to a chilly morning, 50/10°. The day is bright though cool, it's only reached 64/18° at mid-afternoon.

I'm home alone. Thistle is having his teeth cleaned today so I dropped him at the vet at 8am. Apparently Yorkies and Yorkie mixes are prone to dental issues requiring regular dental cleanings. It seems inordinately quiet without him here.

I spent a couple hours clearing some saplings from the far lower yard this morning. My dad is renting a chipper for the day Saturday and we're going to work up a large brush pile. I needed to create a space to blow the wood chips where they can cure over the winter. Next spring I will use them as mulch under my pines. I feel good about the progress I'm making cleaning up the outdoor space around my yard. It looks really good.

Gonna relax now. I have a nasty migraine developing.

Blessed be.

:hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Hundreds of thousands of migratory birds have been found dead in New Mexico:blink:😢

Ecologist Martha Desmond, a professor at New Mexico State University's Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Ecology, told the station the trend started in late August when large numbers of birds were found dead at the White Sands Missile Range, a military testing area with a national park and wildlife refuge. 

It was thought to be an isolated incident, but Desmond, who studies birds, now estimates hundreds of thousands of them are showing up dead across New Mexico. 

It is unclear what is causing the mass deaths, but an early cold snap may have played a role. 

"We honestly do not know. It could be that the weather moved it and pushed birds out early in Colorado where it just snowed like crazy," Desmond said. "Some of them might not have been ready to migrate and so they died in place."

Desmond also said the wildfires in the western United States could have forced some of the birds to change their migratory routes, and some could have suffered harm from the smoke.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migratory-birds-die-new-mexico-wildlife-experts-why/

• Sad 4
55 minutes ago, clochette said:

That's... that's definitely not the kind of cute angel my lil bro and I are :no: that looks more like... like one of those green flies :unsure:

When you said you and your brother are little angels, I kept picturing Lucifer Morningstar.  :rofl:

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..