Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, clochette said:

Anything touching the eyes is scary/gross. I don't really like the idea of having to have an eye surgery (not that I'm forced to) but I've got to think ahead and the kind of comfort of life I want. I've been wearing contacts for 5 years now or more - I'm don't remember - and they are causing micro damages. It's not a problem now but it could be someday. Plus at some point after years people don't tolerate contact anymore. It would mean back to glasses. They're not really a problem per say  it my sigh is so bad the glass need lot of treatments, especially thinning. And earlier when I meant comfort of life I meant like just for swimming... you can't really swim with glasses on, most sports aren't easy when you have heavy thick glasses. 

I've done some researches and this surgery is actually less "dangerous" with less after cares/effects than the laser one and it 20 years old and they're at the 6th generation. A special mini contact lens is created and that's what they insert in the eyes through a mini incision. No stitches. You can see 10/10 right away. It take a day or 2 for the eye/brain to get use to this new way of seeing, especially the lights. 

The downside is the price, obviously. About 1k per eye plus the surgery and pre and post OP appointments. But I think, doing some quick math on a 10 years scale, it'd still be cheaper than glasses and contact. 

I need to think about it more and talk about it with my dad. 

Hey, Tink! :hug:  First time I've heard of it, but it sounds effective. Take some time, though, and look up some testimonials from people who've had it twenty years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Marty said:

Hi, everyone! :hug:

Hope you're all having (or had) a great Friday.  :yes:

Apologies for my silence the past day or two. Just had a busy couple of days.

Anyway, I'm nearly half way through my challenge to post a new black and white photo every week for 52 weeks. Here's week 25:

Hide contents

50357455607_374f2a9cd3_c.jpg

I've called this one Caterpillar Damage to Swede Leaves.

(And I received a notification that Val mentioned me in a post as I was preparing this post. She was probably reminding me it is Friday...)

I suppose the Caterpillar needs sustenance too. Makes for a stark photo. I like it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

With the passing of RBG, what happens now?

I hoping that there are enough senators up for reelection who will put the brakes on a rush to replace her. Four years ago we waited until after the election so the people could have a voice. I think the same holds true today.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I hoping that there are enough senators up for reelection who will put the brakes on a rush to replace her. Four years ago we waited until after the election so the people could have a voice. I think the same holds true today.

I hope that's true... LGBTQ rights are precarious enough as it is.... :( 

• Sad 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..