Jump to content

CoTT 2 House of Cards


Kitt

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Land of the midnight sun

Land of the midnight sun

Traveling north of the Arctic Circle to see things like that is on my bucket list. :yes:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Just came in to say hi! Hope you all are doing great!

All good here, thanks, ma Sherye. Hope you're keeping well. :yes:

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

So is power in the down under expanse? 

It shouldn't break my bank balance.

20 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

If so you need to think of solar on the roof and I dont want them to find you frozen to death:yes:

I’m all wrapped up trying to keep warm with a nice cup of tea :yes:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I would invite you to visit Bucket hot here:yes:

A friend is on holidays in the tropics, I’m so jealous. I need some warmth, thanks for offering to share :yes:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm having a quesadilla made with leftover chicken vindaloo :)  

There is something so good about a nice meal from leftovers :yes:

  • Love 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey @Bucket1 I've just saw a news video about a new apocalyptic thing in New-South-Wales, Australia: mouses invasion! :o Well at least for once it's not deadly for mankind :gikkle:

https://fb.watch/6idUec7gb2/

It’s really bad in some spots, people are trapping hundreds of mice a night while the poor folk try to get some sleep. Just gross

  • Wow 5
Link to comment

Hello Marty

I saw some odd vision on the news about the Solstice - British folk rugged up at Stonehenge for Summer Solstice while 1400 crazy Tasmanians skinny dip for the freezing winter version

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:
16 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm having a quesadilla made with leftover chicken vindaloo :)  

There is something so good about a nice meal from leftovers :yes:

And dumpster diving can be good fun as well! :yes:

share-958-2017-06-11.jpeg

You never know what (or indeed who) you might find in those dumpsters...

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello Marty

I saw some odd vision on the news about the Solstice - British folk rugged up at Stonehenge for Summer Solstice while 1400 crazy Tasmanians skinny dip for the freezing winter version

Hey, Bucket. :hug:

In this part of the world the winter skinny dipping tends to be done mainly either on Christmas or New Year's day.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Marty said:

Hey, Bucket. :hug:

In this part of the world the winter skinny dipping tends to be done mainly either on Christmas or New Year's day.

Yup. A lot of people go for a dip on Christmas morning in the Manche sea dress as Santa :rolleyes: I never saw the appeal in it 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 2
  • Wow 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, clochette said:

Yup. A lot of people go for a dip on Christmas morning in the Manche sea dress as Santa :rolleyes: I never saw the appeal in it 🤷🏻‍♀️

 

Marty's bit of useless information #209:

La Manche is what the French call the English Channel - the strip of sea separating the south of England from France. Apparently manche means sleeve (of a coat or shirt) - which is what the English Channel looks like to French eyes...

0189e2aac4d962ae3b976c9484adc597.gif

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, clochette said:

Yup. A lot of people go for a dip on Christmas morning in the Manche sea dress as Santa :rolleyes: I never saw the appeal in it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nor me. It's much more fun watching them when they skinny dip. :yes:

0:)

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Marty said:

 

Marty's bit of useless information #209:

La Manche is what the French call the English Channel - the strip of sea separating the south of England from France. Apparently manche means sleeve (of a coat or shirt) - which is what the English Channel looks like to French eyes...

0189e2aac4d962ae3b976c9484adc597.gif

Exactly! 

Clo's bit of useless information #101:

See the little inland dip on the south west of the B of Belgium,  well that's the Baie de Somme where my grandparents live(d) :)

  • Love 5
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, clochette said:

Exactly! 

Clo's bit of useless information #101:

See the little inland dip on the south west of the B of Belgium,  well that's the Baie de Somme where my grandparents live(d) :)

Marty's bit of useless information #210:

The name of the English Channel in Breton (Mor Breizh) means 'Breton Sea', and its Cornish name (Mor Bretannek) means 'British Sea', and it's Irish Gaelic name (Muir nIocht) means 'Merciful Sea'.

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello Marty

I saw some odd vision on the news about the Solstice - British folk rugged up at Stonehenge for Summer Solstice while 1400 crazy Tasmanians skinny dip for the freezing winter version

It's a mad mad mad mad world. :)  Hey, B. Stay warm, my brother. :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Marty said:

Hey, Bucket. :hug:

In this part of the world the winter skinny dipping tends to be done mainly either on Christmas or New Year's day.

Crazy Irish. :rolleyes:  Hey, bro. :hug: 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, clochette said:

Yup. A lot of people go for a dip on Christmas morning in the Manche sea dress as Santa :rolleyes: I never saw the appeal in it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Crazy French. :rolleyes:  Hey, Clo! :hug: 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Marty said:

Apparently manche means sleeve (of a coat or shirt) - which is what the English Channel looks like to French eyes...

3 hours ago, clochette said:

Exactly! 

I still wonder about what weird shape of the average French person's arm must be, if they think the English Channel looks like a sleeve... :unsure2:

:gikkle:

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..