Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, clochette said:

0:) Need I remind you our resident Canadian had a dryer warmer summer than me, if not all of us -_-

It's sunny here but not that warm, just reaching 20°C and now that it's turned 6pm it's getting colder I find.

Sign the night are cold now: all 3 cats slept in the house last night.

It's 28 and sunny here today. :)  

• Haha 5
55 minutes ago, Headstall said:

It's 28 and sunny here today. :)  

It's 78/25° here with 68% humidity and overcast with occasional sun and rain showers. Not an excessively warm day but not pleasant either.

Oh, and my head aches. I have one more chore in preparation for faire this weekend before I can rest. I'm making a variation on jalapeno poppers by stuffing miniature sweet peppers with a blend of chevre, cream cheese and balsamic caramelized onions.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It's 78/25° here with 68% humidity and overcast with occasional sun and rain showers. Not an excessively warm day but not pleasant either.

Oh, and my head aches. I have one more chore in preparation for faire this weekend before I can rest. I'm making a variation on jalapeno poppers by stuffing miniature sweet peppers with a blend of chevre, cream cheese and balsamic caramelized onions.

That sounds very nice:yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Well, work today was certainly an amusement. Regarding the young lad who recently started in the kitchen, my suspicions were correct. He does indeed spend his free time at the skate park, and because of that, he already knows all of the salty words used by the older lads. I think he was initially shy due to the new environment, but he got over it rather quickly. He wielded many salty terms with devastating, assassin-like precision during the last half-hour of my shift. First appearances are often deceiving.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

That sounds very nice:yes:

I tried one and they're good but I was hoping for more of the tanginess from the goat cheese. I think if I make them again instead of equal amounts I would add half again as much chevre and cut the cream cheese by half to get a 3:1 ratio.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I tried one and they're good but I was hoping for more of the tanginess from the goat cheese. I think if I make them again instead of equal amounts I would add half again as much chevre and cut the cream cheese by half to get a 3:1 ratio.

Oh, I forgot to mention I added a strong pinch of Smoked Hot Paprika. I wanted a bit of smoky heat as an undertone to the sweetness of the caramelized onions.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Oh, I forgot to mention I added a strong pinch of Smoked Hot Paprika. I wanted a bit of smoky heat as an undertone to the sweetness of the caramelized onions.

You could add a touch of cayenne that would help the heat a little

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Dughlas do you warp your jalapeno poppers with bacon?

I don't do jalapeno poppers because I don't particularly like jalapenos but the recipe I have adds chopped crispy bacon into the filling. I didn't do that with those I made yesterday because one of the folks doesn't eat meat because of allergies.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

US firefighters optimistic over world's biggest tree

a bench on the side of the road: General Sherman, the world's biggest tree, has been wrapped in foil to protect it from flames

On Thursday, General Sherman was wrapped in fire-proof blankets -- aluminum foil intended to protect its giant trunk from the worst of the flames.

I hope it stays safe! 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..