• 2 weeks later...

Peter Cook

when he got bored he would phone the local radio station pretending to be “Sven” from Swiss Cottage (a London ‘burb) who’d fled Norway because all they ever talked about was fish… :lol:

• Haha 1

@Zombie It turns out the Ben Elton who was born in 1959 is not John Oliver, who was born in 1977. Their acting is uncannily similar in style. Elton is more "over the top" vis a vis Oliver, though I didn't think that was possible. :lol:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ron said:

@Zombie It turns out the Ben Elton who was born in 1959 is not John Oliver, who was born in 1977. Their acting is uncannily similar in style. Elton is more "over the top" vis a vis Oliver, though I didn't think that was possible. :lol:

you must forgive my British humour in my previous reply, Ron - it often passes by other nationalities especially when it inverts literal meaning :P

John Oliver has clearly been deeply influenced by “motormouth” Ben Elton’s style and political edge, and he’s made a good living from it decades later in another country where it seems fresh - so good luck to him :)

• Like 2