Tattoos & Piercings

Tattoos & Piercings  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have tattoos and/or piercings

• No, I Have Neither
    • I Have Only Piercings
    • I Have Only Tattoos
    • I Have Both Tattoos & Piercings

I was born totally balanced tattoo-wise and plan to keep it that way. I’ve been told I already have too many holes in my head so I won’t be adding to them. Aside from dental work, the only surgery I’ve had performed on me was completely non-consensual, in infancy (an unnecessary, non-religious circumcision).  ;–)

Now if someone can fix my brain (clinical depression and anxiety) without prescribing more meds (which didn’t work), I’d be all for that kind of modification!  ;–)

My therapists and psychiatrists all denied having access to a magic wand!  ;–)

Edited by Former Member

Four piercings in the left ear, three in the right.  Two tattoos, I have a turtle on my upper back and a religious tattoo on the back of my neck that is covered by my hair most of the time.  I am planning on a third, just trying to figure out where to put it.    

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Both. Four piercings... two in each ear. Two tattoos... large, extremely detailed ones of three Appaloosa horses each, on each upper arm, over to the center of my biceps. They are both copies of paintings by the same artist. I have a signed, framed poster print of one of them, over my headboard. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I have got both lobes pierced just once. Younger I tried getting upper lobe on both sides but after one side was done I backed off from hurt and let it close up.

Now lately I've been thinking a lot about getting an helix, left ear. Don't ask me why but when I think about it I feel kind of like it should be here and is missing.

A tattoo have been on my mind a lot too. I already know what design I want and where: a couple of forget me not flowers, watercolor style on the inside of my left forearm. Those flowers hold a deep meaning to me as my grandpa used to slip one in the letters he wrote to my grandma every weeks when they were dating and it's the symbol of Alzheimer. Just have to take the plunge now. Soon!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Administrator

@clochette If pain bothers you, when you get a tattoo they can put on some numbing foam that helps A LITTLE. It can affect how the color takes, just an fyi, which is why I avoided it especially since I had a lot of blending that needed to be done so my artist was going over many areas multiple times. Hurt like a SOB, but the color came out great, especially after the touch up (which is post-picture, that was just the initial tattoo). My best friend got a got a quote with watercolor-style decoration around it on her forearm, though, and the lighter colors and less blending was much faster and didn't require all the shading with extra layers on top of already tattooed skin. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Cia said:

@clochette If pain bothers you, when you get a tattoo they can put on some numbing foam that helps A LITTLE. It can affect how the color takes, just an fyi, which is why I avoided it especially since I had a lot of blending that needed to be done so my artist was going over many areas multiple times. Hurt like a SOB, but the color came out great, especially after the touch up (which is post-picture, that was just the initial tattoo). My best friend got a got a quote with watercolor-style decoration around it on her forearm, though, and the lighter colors and less blending was much faster and didn't require all the shading with extra layers on top of already tattooed skin. 

Oh, that's right.  Pain.  I forgot about that part.  

What worked for me was watching him do the work.  I got so fascinated by the process that I forgot about the pain.  But, I'm weird like that.

• Like 3
Just now, Jdonley75 said:

Oh, that's right.  Pain.  I forgot about that part.  

What worked for me was watching him do the work.  I got so fascinated by the process that I forgot about the pain.  But, I'm weird like that.

I never had much pain with mine at all, I guess because of their placement.  I saw one of my coworkers get one on the top of her foot and it looked agonizing.  

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Cia said:

@clochette If pain bothers you, when you get a tattoo they can put on some numbing foam that helps A LITTLE.

I heard about it, I'll see how I'll feel when the time comes and how the artist feel about it too.

At the time of the piercing I was 14 though. By now I did multiple sessions of hair removal by laser in very very tender spots which some say is kind of like when you get tattooed so I'm "good" with dealing with that kind of pain.

Edited by clochette
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I never had much pain with mine at all, I guess because of their placement.  I saw one of my coworkers get one on the top of her foot and it looked agonizing.  

When he did my phoenix tattoo (my first one) It was fine and it was really more like really sharp pinches until he got to my back shoulder for one of the wings.  That hurt like a #$^%@.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
6 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Oh, it definitely has something to do with it. Thinner skin, areas close to the bone, etc... are more painful. Right up against my inner elbow was sensitive. 

But you have to consider those of us who have tattoos and piercings probably have a natural high tolerance to pain, or the ability to block it out, or just enjoy it. I live with enough daily that to me the pain is relatively minor. Tattoos and piercings and stretching my ears are recreational because I really enjoy the process/outcome in much the same way of a good workout releases all those feel-good endorphins. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I don't do pain well, at all + Plus a fear of needles due to a bad blood draw when I was six = None at all. 

However, they are one hell of a turn on. Love a guy with tribal design tats, and the nips pierce. Though there is one type of tattoo that is an instant turn off, and a deal breaker. Words and Names. Especially names. I don't want to be in the moment of a good time, and look down and see "Grandma Milly, RIP." All interest lost at that point.

Thanks.  Nearly sprayed soda all over my screen when I read that last part. 👍

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

However, they are one hell of a turn on. Love a guy with tribal design tats, and the nips pierce.

Oh yes I find guys with tattoos have a little thing more, sexy. Colorful sleeves on tone muscle arms!

• Like 3