So, I heard over the past week that the newest addition to the Harry Potter Universe, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, did not do so well.  I watched several reviews of the movie on YouTube, and most of them have stated that reason that the movie was not good was because the entire screenplay was written by JK Rowling herself and apparently she did not do good job.  Writing a novel is completely different from writing a screenplay, and I believe that if she had a professional screenwriter translate her ideas to the screenplay instead, the movie would have been received much better by its audience.  It is such a shame that this franchise has hit a bumpy road, and I hope it will recover since Harry Potter was a major part of my childhood and still holds significance in my life today.  What are your thoughts about this movie?  Have you watched it in theaters, and if so what is your review on the movie?  And do you believe that screenplays and novels are different forms of literature that require different skills in order to be executed correctly?

• Like 3

My daughters took me to see this movie on my birthday, and I loved it. I loved it from beginning to end, totally enthralled, and loving the performances as much as the critters. I read one review that said there wasn't any plot. I found that opinion lacked merit... the entire movie was plot, paving the way, like the HP movies did, for continuation of the story. I never had put much stock in reviews, especially bad ones. So many times I have found them pompous and unhelpful. If you want my opinion, I say go see it! Oh yeah... and see it in 3D if you can. :) 

• Like 3