Authors, what was your favorite Comment or Review?

It's hard to pick one in particular, but I really love @Parker Owens's comments on my poetry. I don't get a lot of feedback on it, but Parker is so often there with thoughtful responses and encouragements, and that means a lot. I also really love @Timothy M.'s comments. I feel like you read almost everything I write, and you always comment when you do, which is lovely. 

My favourite review would have to be @Puppilull's review of Nobody's Valentine.

When it’s that time of year, with hearts everywhere and everyone acting so lovey-dovey it’s making the air turn pink or red, what do you do if your reality doesn’t fit in? If your life has taken a completely unforeseen turn, leaving you feeling disappointed, lonely and perhaps even despairing? A story that deals with these less written about sides to this thing we call love can be such a relief. If that story is friggin’ well written as well, things are looking up.

Mike who is fighting an uneven battle to get over the boyfriend who dumped him. When that infamous date rolls around, he finds the sadness flares up and seeks ways to deal with it. One remedy turns out to be the one to lead him on his way. But where will it take him?

This is a truly bittersweet story telling us life isn’t always a bed of roses. I think it’s important to not lose sight of that. It’s actually somehow comforting to know bad stuff will happen, but you will be OK. A bit scarred perhaps, but OK.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On the flip side of this, as a reader, I am glad whenever my comments are able to express even the tiniest bit of how much I enjoy a story. I try my best to leave a more comprehensive review at the end of what I enjoyed the most or what affected me the most (...however, I'm well aware that I fail at this sometimes and end up babbling incoherently about my reactions as I was reading). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Thirdly said:

On the flip side of this, as a reader, I am glad whenever my comments are able to express even the tiniest bit of how much I enjoy a story. I try my best to leave a more comprehensive review at the end of what I enjoyed the most or what affected me the most (...however, I'm well aware that I fail at this sometimes and end up babbling incoherently about my reactions as I was reading). 

Well, that's what I want/need to hear:  my reactions as I was reading

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Thirdly said:

Like aditus said, that's what we want to hear. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2