The Philosophies of Sci-Fi

The Philosophies of Science Fiction

Star Trek: "Let's appeal to their humanity. What do you mean they don't have any? Quick! Someone reverse the polarity of something and hang on!"

Star Wars: "Let's just wing it. Hell, the Force is basically a religion based on luck, so let's not over plan anything here."

Dune: "If the 'spice must flow', why is everyone so determined to screw that up, when everything depends on it. Also give me back my PlayStation you joyless freaks."

Firefly: "Let's be bad guys...OK not really bad, but bad guys you'd still be all right bringing home to mother."

New Battlestar Galactica: "I'm pretty sure we spaced your mother. Also, who told the tin cans they were allowed to actually kill anyone after the pilot episode?"

Old Battlestar Galactica: "Frack, Starbuck there must be more women left in the fleet that aren't my sister. Also, I just saw a kid with a coconut destroy a Cylon. Are these things using Windows as an operating system? Because that would explain a lot."

Babylon 5: "Things are happening way above my pay grade and we need an actual plan. Also God is dead, but we should really go to church more often."

Lexx: lets bang nearly everyone, and everything we can, and then eat a planet or three.

EVE Online: Here’s a ship. Fuck you.

Stargate SG1: I’ll irritate my enemies with my sarcasm and then shoot them in the face.

• Haha 2