5 minutes ago, Ashi said:

When I first saw him on YouTube, I knew I was f*ed.  OMG.  Can't... can't.  MUST THINK STRAIGHT.

If you haven't seen this already, the video below is a mandatory briefing.  LOL

He’s pretty?
;–)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

He’s pretty?
;–)

He's multi-talented.  <_<

• Haha 1

d6820bba38de6c25366fa0d420b713210978089f
The worst is when they abandon a cart where it blocks a parking space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My pet peeve is the idiots who do return their cart to the corral just shove them in without pushing them together.

• Haha 1

The solution is to install those carts were you have to insert a coin to free it. Nearly everyone is then going to return it afterwards.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ivor Slipper said:

The solution is to install those carts were you have to insert a coin to free it. Nearly everyone is then going to return it afterwards.

Stores stopped doing that when they got too many complaints. Wheels that lock up when they reach a perimeter are about as much as customers will accept. (And obviously, street people have figured out how to get them past the perimeter and still functional – I’m guessing you just need to lift the cart high enough that the triggering magnetic[?] field is out of range.)

There may have been lawsuits from ‘food stamps’ users who wouldn’t have otherwise needed to have any cash on hand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ivor Slipper said:

We had those around here 50 years ago. When my little brother was finally old enough to wait in the car instead of going in with mom, he would spend his time wandering around collecting abandoned carts and offering to return them for older customers. He always came home with a pocket full of quarters! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1ce8c8e99961bc495f4b4e6d28a7dfe476d70f7d
Tower of Babel, 1928, M.C. Escher

I wish he had included “impossible’ staircases or other tricks of perspective.

e6b2204a98555436bf0d32085a980d25ab7f839d
Mural Mosaic in The Alhambra, 1922, M.C. Escher

I have a coloring book for adults from the Eighties that has similar, but simpler designs.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:37 PM, Ashi said:

Inner Voice - Jakub Józef Orliński

When I first saw him on YouTube, I knew I was f*ed.  OMG.  Can't... can't.  MUST THINK STRAIGHT.

If you haven't seen this already, the video below is a mandatory briefing.  LOL

Jakub Józef Orliński – Händel: "Pena tiranna" (Amadigi di Gaula)

If you like counter-tenors, you might want to check out Tim Mead.  He's got a more robust sound than this fellow, and without Jaroussky's flamboyant theatrics.  For really gorgeous voices, also check out Andreas Scholl and Drew Minter.

• Like 2
  • I Read It 1

All I know about Tim Mead is that he’s an author who used to post stories on crvboy.org.
;–)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigBen said:

If you like counter-tenors, you might want to check out Tim Mead.  He's got a more robust sound than this fellow, and without Jaroussky's flamboyant theatrics.  For really gorgeous voices, also check out Andreas Scholl and Drew Minter.

also check out Valer Barna-Sabadus - listen to his sublime singing of Henry Purcell’s lecherous and wickedly un-PC “She Loves and She Confesses Too” :P 

• Like 1