World Building on Steroids

• Site Administrator

For those of you in the gaming space, you are probably aware of DungeonFog and World Anvil. I've linked to both previously. 

There is a major upgrade coming.  They call it Project Deios.  I've joined this KickStarter.  Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonfog/project-deios-dungeonfog-mapmaker-suite-for-worldbuilders/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

Oh man... the stretch goals!

image.png

We're almost at the Starmaps, Solar system stretch goals!  I so want that...

This will be wonderful for world building.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

Woot!  Starmaps, Solar Systems & 3D Map projection is now funded too!  I can't wait to use that in Sci-Fi writing to keep track of stuff.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

@Brayon  Have you seen this thing?  What do you think of it as a RPG sort of guy?

• Love 1

First I've heard of it, but after looking at the Kickstarter, I'm wishing I had $5500 to get the limited My World backer level. LOL.

As an RPG guy, this would be awesome to use to create campaigns. As a storyteller, it would help tremendously with my fantasy based LitRPG story I've got cooking on the back burner. 

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Brayon said:

As a storyteller, it would help tremendously with my fantasy

Yes... Mine too.  And with the space maps stretch goal reached, it'll be great for my Sci-Fi too. :D

My World. lol. that's a good deal if you are going to George RR Martin up a world. lol

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

Woot!  the stretch goal for random generated landmasses and cities has been reached!

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Wowser, did they get funded.  A whole new setting is getting tossed in for free too... Deadhaus Sonata.  A new game by Apocalypse studios is working on a way to use the tool to make in game maps.  pretty cool.  My caution here is I remember Dennis Dyack and the Too Human debacle (And X-Men Destiny). 

It'll be cool having more options to choose from when making the maps though

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Site Administrator

Well... with this year being what it was, there was a huge delay on this.  However, they have finally entered Alpha for the backers.

image.png

By which I mean, they released it yesterday as Tec Alpha V 0.1.0.  The artwork is designed such that you make some pretty nifty representative maps.

I am highly interested to see where they go with this. I most definitely plan on using it with my worlds.