Myr

World Building on Steroids

For those of you in the gaming space, you are probably aware of DungeonFog and World Anvil. I've linked to both previously. 

There is a major upgrade coming.  They call it Project Deios.  I've joined this KickStarter.  Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonfog/project-deios-dungeonfog-mapmaker-suite-for-worldbuilders/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh man... the stretch goals!

image.png

We're almost at the Starmaps, Solar system stretch goals!  I so want that...

This will be wonderful for world building.

• Love 1

Woot!  Starmaps, Solar Systems & 3D Map projection is now funded too!  I can't wait to use that in Sci-Fi writing to keep track of stuff.

• Love 1

@Brayon  Have you seen this thing?  What do you think of it as a RPG sort of guy?

• Love 1

First I've heard of it, but after looking at the Kickstarter, I'm wishing I had $5500 to get the limited My World backer level. LOL.

As an RPG guy, this would be awesome to use to create campaigns. As a storyteller, it would help tremendously with my fantasy based LitRPG story I've got cooking on the back burner. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Brayon said:

As a storyteller, it would help tremendously with my fantasy

Yes... Mine too.  And with the space maps stretch goal reached, it'll be great for my Sci-Fi too. :D

My World. lol. that's a good deal if you are going to George RR Martin up a world. lol

• Love 1

Woot!  the stretch goal for random generated landmasses and cities has been reached!

• Love 1

That is a useful feature. Randomly generated content is sometimes better than the stuff I've drawn up. LOL

• Haha 1

Wowser, did they get funded.  A whole new setting is getting tossed in for free too... Deadhaus Sonata.  A new game by Apocalypse studios is working on a way to use the tool to make in game maps.  pretty cool.  My caution here is I remember Dennis Dyack and the Too Human debacle (And X-Men Destiny). 

It'll be cool having more options to choose from when making the maps though

• Like 1

Well... with this year being what it was, there was a huge delay on this.  However, they have finally entered Alpha for the backers.

image.png

By which I mean, they released it yesterday as Tec Alpha V 0.1.0.  The artwork is designed such that you make some pretty nifty representative maps.

I am highly interested to see where they go with this. I most definitely plan on using it with my worlds.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..