Anthology Question!

Anthology Participation  

30 members have voted

1. 1. As an author, what keeps you from participating in the anthologies?

• Not Interested
    • The themes don't appeal to me
    • Don't have time
    • Didn't know about the anthologies
    • Not sure how the anthologies work
    • Didn't know I could participate in the anthologies
    • Other - Please let us know in the comments (or you can PM Renee Stevens if you don't want to say publicly)

This poll is closed to new votes

OTHER:

Couple of different reasons, from the one listed, but couldn't select more than one.
1. The themes don't appeal to me.

2. Don't have time.

3. Not sure how the anthologies work.

Before I started college course work, it was the themes and not knowing how it works. I originally thought the anthologies were for Promising, Signature, Classic, and Admin only, until I saw it clarified in a different blog posting. Now, it's 1 and 2, the themes don't appeal to me, or I don't have time, or both. If I had to boil it down to one answer only, it would be themes.

How GA is doing the theme selection now, I feel is really good. You're giving us authors a choice on what the final themes will be for the anthologies, which again is great. It's just the final selection is meh.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Brayon said:

OTHER:

Couple of different reasons, from the one listed, but couldn't select more than one.
1. The themes don't appeal to me.

2. Don't have time.

3. Not sure how the anthologies work.

Before I started college course work, it was the themes and not knowing how it works. I originally thought the anthologies were for Promising, Signature, Classic, and Admin only, until I saw it clarified in a different blog posting. Now, it's 1 and 2, the themes don't appeal to me, or I don't have time, or both. If I had to boil it down to one answer only, it would be themes.

How GA is doing the theme selection now, I feel is really good. You're giving us authors a choice on what the final themes will be for the anthologies, which again is great. It's just the final selection is meh.

Yeah, it was pointed out I should have allowed multiple choices, it's fixed now, but thanks for letting me know!

Edit to Add: Me and Myr posted at the same time, lol.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, jamessavik said:

Weird how the Inspiration fairy acts like one of my eX's. It shows up drunk at 2am and then goes to sleep before anything much can be accomplished.

I had to laugh, but yes, this happens a lot.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this counts, because this is specific to the upcoming anthology, but the word count.  I was going to write for Fall From Grace, and I'm looking at a 20K word story.  I know the upper limit is 25,000 but I also don't think anyone would read an anthology that size.  Therefore, I am not submitting it.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I'm not sure if this counts, because this is specific to the upcoming anthology, but the word count.  I was going to write for Fall From Grace, and I'm looking at a 20K word story.  I know the upper limit is 25,000 but I also don't think anyone would read an anthology that size.  Therefore, I am not submitting it.

I might have an idea for this... if I could work it out, would you submit it?

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I would!  A story is as long as it needs to be.

• Like 5

I've always wanted to write for the anthologies, and I have finished some stories that would have gone into them. My personal challenge is that I forget the deadlines, and when I'm finished writing, I find that I completely missed them.  This might sound like whining, but I wish I had an anthology buddy to sort of send a message or keep me on my toes to get it done on time. This is my challenge, still... Fall from Grace is so enticing.  I've created a story line, I hope I make it on time this year.

• Like 4