Writer New Year’s Resolution poll

Writer New Year’s Resolution poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you resolve to avoid doing in the next year in your stories?

• I resolve to avoid intense proctological descriptions in sex scenes.
    • I resolve to avoid including a sex scene in every single chapter of my stories.
    • I resolve to avoid having every sex scene be the most incredible sex that the characters have ever had.
    • I resolve to have a protagonist who is not incredibly wealthy or become incredibly wealthy during the story.
    • I resolve to include People of Color as major characters, not just tokens with little to do with the plot.
    • I resolve to include members of the LGBTQ+ spectrum beyond L, G, and B as significant characters in my stories.
    • I resolve to include people throughout the gender spectrum (ie not just cis-gendered).
    • I resolve to include characters whose orientational/identity/gender spectrum that I have to define because few readers know what it means.
    • I resolve to include characters who speak languages other than just English.
    • I resolve to include characters who struggle with mental health issues (including depression, anxiety, and/or addiction).
    • I resolve to include characters who do volunteer work.
    • I resolve to mention that my characters vote or have voted.
    • I resolve to mention that my characters have donated to an LGBTQ+ related charity.
    • I resolve to include characters who have had legal problems that prevent them from getting a job or finding housing.
    • I resolve to stretch and write a story unlike any other I’ve written in theme or genre.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2020 at 08:01 AM

This is a multiple choice poll. There is no right or wrong answer. I know that the worst offenders won’t participate in the poll. This is not intended to be scientific or comprehensive. It is intended to make you think as you create your next story. This is not legally binding.

The poll will close one minute after midnight New Year’s Day (whatever time zone the polling software uses).

Let the arguments and disputes commence!
;–)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Due to the conflicting nature of interpreting inclusion versus exclusion of themes in writing with this poll, the FMT have removed all the comments from this topic and locked it. The poll, and responses, have been left attached to this topic for authors who chose to take part in order to use their answers for reflection during 2020. We hope our site authors will enjoy writing and posting on the site, in all genres, styles, and themes, this year. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1