14 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

This was probably the hardest (mechanically) thing I've ever written.

Well it certainly didn’t read as mechanical!
;–)

3 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Man ... I have so many thoughts about the format of this story. It was profoundly difficult to write this way, at least for me! This latest chapter (Chapter six) is about where I was really beginning to struggle with it. We had the soap filming, the soap viewing, real life of three different sets of people, then sometimes we have the real lives of the soap stars while they're filing the soap!

Putting it together into something that wasn't totally and utterly confusing was so hard. I love that we wrote it, and we wanted to do something very different ... but damn. This was probably the hardest (mechanically) thing I've ever written.

But it was so fun too. Writing with tim was fantastic. I think this thing made us both stretch a lot. I know a lot of folks still don't know what to really think of it, and that's all right. It means it's different, and I'm happy we got to do it.

I hope you folks are enjoying it. 🙂

It was a challenge to write for sure.  There was a lot to keep track of, because it is basically three stories in one. And it's hard to take the soap seriously (which you shouldnt) except on a weird plane of existence. And then we have the writer's whose lives are written seriously and Gail and Terrence who are somewhere in between.

It was fun to write with Wayne.  I love our brainstorming sessions.. and the copious notes we have afterwards. And laughing.  Lots and lots of laughing.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

and the copious notes we have afterwards.

Will those notes be donated to an archive somewhere so future historians can use them for research on SNET?
;–)

9 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Will those notes be donated to an archive somewhere so future historians can use them for research on SNET?
;–)

I don't think so ... they are currently archived on our Docs shared drive.  Better for the world if they remain there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

It was an amazing story from both of you highly talented writers @Mikiesboy and @Wayne Gray tim and wayne. It is fantastic news that you enjoyed writing together so much that we are getting more from you.

Whilst we await your new collaboration I look forward to reading your individual works, Ash and Ember from Wayne and tim with your Anthology pieces in May.

Thank you, chris. It was a great time writing, and then seeing the reactions to this weird story. 😄

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1