2020 Writing Goals

I guess I have two goals on GA right now.

One is to read several stories that I've started and haven't finished, plus some new interesting ones I see.

The other is to get back to the poetry lessons that @AC Benus so kindly published last year.  

Story writing - well, perhaps in good time.

• Like 3

The story I'm currently posting I started writing in 2017 for NaNoWriMo... I'm still only about 90% complete. So close, but still a few loose ends. 

My hope is that by posting for folks to read, I have the push I need to wrap up the story. My first completed work! 

Then my goal is to write the second book in the series. 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

My goals this year a bit more varied than in years past.  I'm working on posting more content in general on site.  (For example, the new "Word of the Day" blogs)

The Word of the Day was inspired from one of The Great Courses that I picked up on Building a Better Vocabulary.  One of my writing goals for the year isn't writing directly, it's watching these writing lessons from the various stuff I've picked up.  I wish to expand my horizon there.

From the stand point of Anthologies, I have an idea for all four themes for 2020.  I also have a story that I just didn't wrap in time for the last anthology that I would like to complete and release this year as well. 

I have also been actively engaged in world building activities for my sci-fi world and my fantasy world.  So yeah... I hope to do a lot in 2020.  I'm off to a good start.

• Like 5

I like the anthologies, so I will write at least one story.

As I always wanted to write a murder mystery and  The Puppeteer kind of jumped the queue, I am planning the story (which is an absolute novelty for  me, usually I just write with a general idea) . 

Then I have an idea for a sci-fi story. "The Navigator Gene'.  Pesky work is always getting in the way of my plans though.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm planning on writing stories for both anthologies.  I'd also like to participate in National Poetry Writing Month again in April.  I've started working on a novel-length story set in my gargoyle universe.  I'm sure I'll fit in some prompts along the way, and any contests/challenges GA decides to do.  

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, aditus said:

I always wanted to write a murder mystery

I've had some thoughts to do a mystery set in a fantasy universe and one set in a Sci-Fi.  Genre mashing to give something different.

• Like 3

My 2020 plans? Let's see.

Finish rewriting and editing the Rose and Lex story called Books and Roses. Post it.

Write on the Anthologies. I'm going to plot them sometime in the next month or so. 

Work on and get close to finishing Bad Dog. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

My early 2020 goal is to finish the story I'm writing and have it published here. But I may have bitten more than I could chew. 

• Like 3