Blackacre

Searching for a story

Hello,

I read a story on this website years ago and I would love to reread it but I cannot find it. Any help would be very appreciated. It is set some decades into the past. The characters meet I believe in college: the main character is in a chemistry lab and gets some kind of chemical spilled on him. The love interest helps him shower it off. The love interest is I think a big deal football player. The main character ends up in the hospital, where his family and the love interest visit him. The main character’s family are all impressed with the love interest because he is a hero football player. He is deep deep in the closet though. 

At one point in the story the main character is lured/abducted by a serial rapist/killer and he is tortured and assaulted but is ultimately rescued by the love interest and some of his friends. He becomes depressed and stops taking care of himself for a time. Before he is abducted the main character was dating an older man (his boss? A lawyer at the firm where he is interning?) and the love interest was all jealous and acting possessive even though I think he had a girl friend at the time... 

I think the main character has an old rich woman as his landlord? And he has two gay friends who help him after he is attacked — one of them is a counsellor of some kind but also a drag queen...? The gay friends are a couple but I seem to remember that they have some kind of threesome with him to help him get over his fear. 

The main character and the love interest end up together in the end. I think they get married and one of them becomes a lawyer (I am pretty sure?). I have done a terrible job describing it but I hope it is familiar to someone! I have looked before and I haven’t been able to find it. 

• Like 5
  • I Read It 1

On 2/17/2020 at 12:25 AM, Blackacre said:

Hello,

I read a story on this website years ago and I would love to reread it but I cannot find it. Any help would be very appreciated. It is set some decades into the past. The characters meet I believe in college: the main character is in a chemistry lab and gets some kind of chemical spilled on him. The love interest helps him shower it off. The love interest is I think a big deal football player. The main character ends up in the hospital, where his family and the love interest visit him. The main character’s family are all impressed with the love interest because he is a hero football player. He is deep deep in the closet though. 

At one point in the story the main character is lured/abducted by a serial rapist/killer and he is tortured and assaulted but is ultimately rescued by the love interest and some of his friends. He becomes depressed and stops taking care of himself for a time. Before he is abducted the main character was dating an older man (his boss? A lawyer at the firm where he is interning?) and the love interest was all jealous and acting possessive even though I think he had a girl friend at the time... 

I think the main character has an old rich woman as his landlord? And he has two gay friends who help him after he is attacked — one of them is a counsellor of some kind but also a drag queen...? The gay friends are a couple but I seem to remember that they have some kind of threesome with him to help him get over his fear. 

The main character and the love interest end up together in the end. I think they get married and one of them becomes a lawyer (I am pretty sure?). I have done a terrible job describing it but I hope it is familiar to someone! I have looked before and I haven’t been able to find it. 

Oh gosh... I've read this!  It was a great story!  I'm totally blanking on the name of it, though.  I'll see if I can find it.  

• Like 3

It may have been by Inthemindofsunshine, but I see her stories have been pulled.  :(  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know that story, it was one of my favorites too. All the details are correct. But are you sure you read it here ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I know that story, it was one of my favorites too. All the details are correct. But are you sure you read it here ?

It was definitely here.  I read it too, but can't recall the name of it.  

• Like 2

Blackacre . . . If you're still looking for this story try 'The Human Condition' by Jayne Finn. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jones said:

Blackacre . . . If you're still looking for this story try 'The Human Condition' by Jayne Finn. 

Yup!  That's it!  I swore I read it here, though.  *shrugs* 

• Like 1

That story was never posted here, sorry! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cia said:

That story was never posted here, sorry! 

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming, Cia.

I know I read it on LitE, but I don't know if it's still there, because I haven't been back since I found my story home here on GA. :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming, Cia.

I know I read it on LitE, but I don't know if it's still there, because I haven't been back since I found my story home here on GA. :) 

It's still there.  I haven't been on that site in ages either, which is probably why I thought I read it here. :facepalm: 

• Haha 1