Myr

Alex Rider, TV Show

So, they have made Alex Rider into a series on streaming services. 

Anyone else interested in this?  Anyone in the UK where there is already out and on Amazon Prime?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Looks interesting.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

Looks interesting.

I am a fan of the book series. (not at deep literature, but fun entertainment)

• Like 4

It looks amazing, but I don't have amazon prime unfortunately 😕 

• Like 1

Whoo! and this series is based on just one book (Point Blanc) out of thirteen written by Anthony Horowitz (Foyle's War). Brilliant!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Palantir said:

Whoo! and this series is based on just one book (Point Blanc)

Well, it's main plot is Point Blanc, but the introduction into the world is all Stormbreaker.  They'll have to do decent chunks from that or it won't make any sense. Some of it you see in the trailer.  Based on all the little videos they have posted, it looks like they lifted the world building from Stormbreaker and main villan/plot from Point Blanc to create a mix of the two.

They also seem to have gone a more serious route than the over the top movie , Stormbreaker.  (Loaded with recognizable Brits.  I liked the movie, but it was poorly marketed or something).  It is also fair to point out that the books are over the top too. lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Myr said:

Well, it's main plot is Point Blanc, but the introduction into the world is all Stormbreaker.  They'll have to do decent chunks from that or it won't make any sense. Some of it you see in the trailer.  Based on all the little videos they have posted, it looks like they lifted the world building from Stormbreaker and main villan/plot from Point Blanc to create a mix of the two.

They also seem to have gone a more serious route than the over the top movie , Stormbreaker.  (Loaded with recognizable Brits.  I liked the movie, but it was poorly marketed or something).  It is also fair to point out that the books are over the top too. lol.

Spot on in all respects. :)

Lol - Way over the top - Alex pretty much outBonds James Bond (and interestingly, Anthony Horowitz was commissioned by the Ian Fleming estate to write new James Bond novels).

- evidently 'over the top' works too, as Alex Ryder novels have sales of over 19 million.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, chris191070 said:

It looks amazing, but I don't have amazon prime unfortunately 😕 

You can do a free trial for 30 days and cancel before they begin charging you. You can do a lot of binge watching in 30 days.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By M1984
      First of all, this is my first topic, so I'm not sure if it's in the right place.
      Second, I'm pretty rubbish at writing in-depth reviews without unintentionally dropping spoilers, so I tend to err on the side of caution and keep it vague.
      I've only seen the first episode of season 5, so far; "Striking Vipers". It was a pretty wild episode, really well written, well produced and the actors did an amazing job, too.
      It also touched upon one or two themes that might be relatable with many readers here.
      But again, I don't know how much to reveal about those themes without spoiling them, so I'll rely on the wisdom in any comments below to figure that out.

Do you watch the show at all? And if so, have you seen any episode of the new season?
      It's an anthology series, so with Black Mirror you can watch it in any order. Each episode is a stand alone. (with one exception; the season 4 finale). 
    • By Brayon
      To date, I've watched several Gay theme movies, and have been sorely disappointed. The "Eating Out series" is an example of Bad Gay films. "Shelter" was good, like the exception to the rule. This is just my opinion, but it just seems most of the English language Films, are just bad. From the quality of Acting, Storytelling, to Production itself, they all seem less than C-list movies. The foreign films being much better quality. Does, anyone have a suggestion on a Good Gay Theme movie?
    • By Ron
      Jared Leto from the television show 'My So Called Life' and the band 'Thirty Seconds To Mars' plays a transsexual person in the movie 'Dallas Buyers Club'. I have always found Jared Leto to be almost pretty and I look forward to seeing him in the part of Rayon. This movie is about the early days of non-existent medications that could be used for treating HIV and the attempt to acquire non approved drugs . I've watched the trailer. It showcases Matthew McConaughey as real life Ron Woodroof. Has anyone else seen the trailer yet?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/09/09/tiff-jared-leto/2787249/

http://www.focusfeatures.com/dallas_buyers_club?utm_source=AllSearch&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=DallasBuyersClub
    • By Sasha Distan
      Alright people, this came up in discussion the other day at the pub and it got me thinking. I am very proud of not having guilty pleasures. I feel no shame in telling my friends that I love Glee, or that I listen to Nickelback out of choice, or that i think Taylor Swift rocks. These are all things i feel no shame in.

But as it turns out, I do have a guilty pleasure that i don't share with my friends (and no, it's not GA)

I watch Say Yes to the Dress on Youtube. why, i have no idea, but i have seen every available episode. it is not something i can explain rationally. but there you go, there's my guilty pleasure.

Sharing time!
    • By Zombie
      Dallas is back next week in the UK! I loved the original show - perfect trash TV I know you guys in the US saw the new series a few weeks ago - how was it for you?

I can't wait to see Jesse Metcalfe losing his shirt again Here he is *gulp* all chained up ...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..