Camp NaNoWriMo 2020!

Summer Camp NaNoWriMo has officially started! Is anyone else doing it? 

My first NaNoWriMo was November 2017, which is actually when the majority of The Syndicate was written (50k of the 68k it currently is). 

NaNoWriMo has turned into a really fun tradition for my IRL friend group. We try to get together once a week to bounce ideas around... we also drink a lot of whiskey and eat a lot of chicken wings. That being said, I have always found the fall tricky for getting writing time in, as it seems like there’s always exciting personal things happening (outside of all the whiskey!). Not great! A July in lockdown, on the other hand, seems like the perfect time to smash a word goal. 

I am doing a modified goal of 25k words written this month, plus editing. The ultimate goal is to have Syndicate #1 finally, finally, FINALLY finished. If I make it, I’ll have paved the way for a new and different project for the fall. 

If you are doing Nano, I’d love to be your buddy on the site!  

• Like 3