• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, savonnadupree said:

How are writer handling their story lines to include gay romance during this pandemic? 

Social distancing....

JUST KIDDING!

I try to include a little hint of positivity in the romance, and some appreciation of one another.  A little more compassion toward one another never hurts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was pretty sure I'd have 2x more time and energy to write. While it was more or less true with time.. not so much with energy. You have to live life and gather experiences to come up with ideas. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots more time to write while I was stuck at home. Now things are slowly getting back to normal I’m still trying to keep up the word count. I haven’t written anything pandemic themed, unless you count a silly story I group wrote with a couple of friends in the first few weeks of lockdown.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I started writing this past August, mostly from boredom. But I haven't incorporated anything socially realistic in the story in regards to social distancing or wearing masks, primarily since it involves were-creatures who can't succumb to human illnesses. I've read tidbits of stories involved with today's pandemic standards, but I had a difficult time getting into them. This may be caused by me being an essential worker, and I've accepted the standards, thus becoming numb to the pandemic, along with its issues. Maybe further into this crisis, or afterward, I may find it interesting to read or write a true romance novel during the COVID-19 pandemic. But for now, my characters will continue to shake hands and play tonsil-hockey.

• Like 2

same for my characters, I wrote about their lives in 2020 and there was no way I was going to include the pandemic cause they were supposed to go on a world tour. Plus for me, writing is about dreaming and escaping from reality a little.

• Like 2

If you are writing a real life story set today in 2020 you can't avoid writing about the Covid-19 pandemic. To not mention this, the story would have to be set on a desert island cut off from the rest of the world. Otherwise it would be like writing a drama set in 1940 and not mentioning World War II. It's possible, of course, but not very realistic?

• Like 2
On 7/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

I don't write romances.

:rofl:

Don't worry, I write enough for the both of us.  :P

Edited by CassieQ
Joking, of course.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I became more consistent in writing during the pandemic. It's a big hassle. But let's make the most of what we could, I guess? The traffic is heavy here where I stay from. Like seriously heavy. Since we were forced to work from home, I had so much extra time to do stuff. I think it was the necessary jumpstart I needed to finish some of my on-going stories. Finally, I would know what it feels to finish a story!

But I do miss the outside world. It's too scary to stay in coffee shops to write for my own safety. Getting hit by the nasty virus wouldn't be cheap. I'm more scared of the financial impact than my health. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
37 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Well he is joining the air cadets, I thought all airmen were skirt chasing sluts.

It's been a horrible week. I normally write in the mornings, but I've been typing away since supper. Best damn therapy in the world!

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a scene where

Spoiler

six straight cadets (plus a gay one and a woman) are in a bar during spring break when to hotel's hot bartender walks in with 4 or 5 other women. CJ and Owen happen to be in town. So,

BRB, I need a cocktail. Let's hope I remember to come back, it'll be my third.

• Haha 5
  • 4 months later...

I may be a bit late coming to this topic, but here's my two cents worth anyway.

I discovered GA during the pandemic, so there's a positive to start with. 

At the time I was writing a story about a teenager coping with the pandemic in Sydney, Australia. It started off as a silly idea and progressed to a romance naturally. Thankfully the disease was well managed here and we did not have large numbers of deaths or civil unrest. I wrote the story to reflect the times and included references to real events and news snippets. Then I discovered GA, half way through my story and started posting. I was amazed at the interest and caught the friendly bug, that of being a GA author. So all good news.

When I finished The Covids, I went back to a couple of stories I wrote two years ago. When writing them they didn't have a date, other than being current. Then when I included some real events the story was dated. Fortunately it started in 2017, so I had a few more covid-free years to work with. I merged the two stories and have now posted them complete while I work on part three which brings my up to 2019. That's dangerously close to 2020, so 2019 may be a busy year as I slow the pace. I don't think I will write anymore about the pandemic. If my story goes into 2020, it will be as the style says "fiction".

• Like 5