How did you come up with your username on here?

I did check to see if "Justin" was available when I joined but it wasn't so I used a username I came up with for another site based on an experience from high school. My username represents Justin 4 Hugs. Junior year I got in trouble for hugging a girl in the hallway. We were just friends that had known each other since preschool. A teacher caught us hugging and we were punished under their policy of no public displays of affection. Yes it was a long hug and I might've slightly picked her up off the ground as part of it, but there wasn't anything remotely romantic about it. I suggested later at lunch that I run for student council and fight the tyranny of the anti-huggers.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It's my name. I picked it out a long long time ago because it sounds good on the tongue and it's nonbinary and S is a really fun letter to write in calligraphy. That's it, it ain't that deep

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Avangelion
      We probably all know about how you get an idea for a story and then at some point toss it aside, unfinished.

I came across the topic in an email of mine and thought "Hey, why not share this?", so here I am, sharing.

What to do with all these tons of ideas and half-finished projects? A lot of people probably don't know. I didn't know so I threw out a good bit a while back, not knowing what to do with it. That was way before I joined GA and learned all the stuff I know now.

Now, I write down the highlights of my ideas and later look at my bullet lists, to see what is worth turning into a story.
      Last time I looked over my list I decided I wanted to write all of them, but none of them were novel material and would never be. However, they all seemed to have good potential to be short stories and I have now started a collection on my profile.
      I have also found this idea of mine rather useful, when I get stuck or get tired of writing the novel I'm working on.

What do you do with all your ideas and unfinished projects?
    • By Caz Pedroso
      I am trying to write an author bio and an about me page for my blog. 

Can anyone give me some ideas so it doesn't end up looking like just a list of facts?

Thanks in advance for any help 
    • By Cole Matthews
      [Let me get my moth-eaten cardigan with leather patched elbows on] 

There we go! I just wanted to introduce my blog featuring snippets of GLBT history.  The first essay is now posted called "Unchained Melody" Check it out.  There's lots more to come. 

One thing, please make comments or start such discussions on my blog. It can be found here. 

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/575/entry-14636-unchained-melody/

This is to look back to see what's happened and how the past informs our art and our lives. If you have suggestions, please PM me. I want this little project to inspire writing and thinking about our past. 

I will update this thread as I add essays.  Please enjoy!
      Cole
    • By Caz Pedroso
      Hi,

I have just started posting my first story on this site and am looking for people to comment and give suggestions on what they want to see. I have always enjoyed telling stories to my friends and family, but have only recently decided to start putting my work out here for people to see.

Please read my story by following the link below and I look forward to hearing from everyone. :-)

Story: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/cazpedroso/chapmistresview-andrewandjamie

• By Freddyness
      Here it is, the big question for any author. Regardless as to whether there story is designed for publishing online, offline or both.

How do I draft my piece?

First you have to decide whether you wish to build your draft in a word document or write it all up by hand. Secondly, How much detail are you going to go in too? Are you going to start with character building or profiling of the distinctive features of different species or sub-species. Maybe your just going to head straight in to the world you've built in your head and start the story. Then again you start mapping out your world and its land marks towns city's, countries and continents.  

The big question I'm asking you authors here on GA is How do you draft out your piece and how much detail do you go into and what methods do you use?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..